Words ending with en
3 letter words ending with en
4 letter words ending with en
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- agen — a market town in SW France, on the Garonne river. Pop: 30 170 (1999)
- amen — Amen is said by Christians at the end of a prayer.
- aten — (in ancient Egypt) the solar disc worshipped as the sole god in the reign of Akhenaten
- been — Been is the past participle of be1.
5 letter words ending with en
- admen — Also called advertising man. one whose profession is writing, designing, or selling advertisements.
- aiken — Conrad (Potter). 1889–1973, US poet, short-story writer, and critic. His works include Collected Poems (1953) and the novel Blue Voyage (1927)
- alden — John1599?-1687; Pilgrim settler in Plymouth Colony: character in Longfellow's poem “The Courtship of Miles Standish”
- alien — Alien means belonging to a different country, race, or group, usually one you do not like or are frightened of.
- allen — Ethan. 1738–89, American soldier during the War of Independence who led the Green Mountain Boys of Vermont
6 letter words ending with en
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- acumen — keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a situation; shrewdness
- aileen — a feminine name
- aitken — Robert Grant. 1864–1951, US astronomer who discovered over three thousand double stars
- alfven — Hannes Olaf Gösta (ˈhannɛs ˈuːlaf ˈjøsta). 1908–95, Swedish physicist, noted for his research on magnetohydrodynamics; shared the Nobel prize for physics in 1970
7 letter words ending with en
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- aerogen — Any noble gas.
- agnomen — the fourth name or second cognomen occasionally acquired by an ancient Roman
- alateen — a support organization of teenage children of alcoholic parents, usually operated in conjunction with Alcoholics Anonymous.
8 letter words ending with en
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- afikomen — a piece of matzo broken off from the center one of the three matzoth set before the leader of a Seder: it is hidden by the leader and later searched for by the children, with the finder, usually the youngest, receiving a reward.
- aglisten — refulgent; glistening.
- allergen — An allergen is a substance that causes an allergic reaction in someone.
- alunogen — a mineral, hydrous sulfate of aluminum, Al 2 (SO 4) 3 ⋅18H 2 O, occurring as a white, fibrous crust on quarry or mine walls.
9 letter words ending with en
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- akhenaten — original name Amenhotep IV. died ?1358 bc, king of Egypt, of the 18th dynasty; he moved his capital from Thebes to Tell El Amarna and introduced the cult of Aten
- anderssen — Adolf (ˈaːdɔlf). 1818–79, German chess player: noted for the incisiveness of his combination play
- bedridden — Someone who is bedridden is so ill or has such a severe disability that they cannot get out of bed.
- beethoven — Ludwig van (ˈluːtvɪç fan). 1770–1827, German composer, who greatly extended the form and scope of symphonic and chamber music, bridging the classical and romantic traditions. His works include nine symphonies, 32 piano sonatas, 16 string quartets, five piano concertos, a violin concerto, two masses, the opera Fidelio (1805), and choral music
10 letter words ending with en
- asbjornsen — Peter Christen [pey-tuh r kris-tuh n] /ˈpeɪ tər ˈkrɪs tən/ (Show IPA), 1812–85, Norwegian naturalist and folklorist.
- barkhausen — Heinrich Georg. 1881–1956, German physicist; discovered that ferromagnetic material in an increasing magnetic field becomes magnetized in discrete jumps (the Barkhausen effect)
- baumgarten — Alexander Gottlieb. 1714–62, German philosopher, noted for his pioneering work on aesthetics, a term that he originated
- blue-green — a color about midway between blue and green in the spectrum.
- break-even — having income exactly equal to expenditure, thus showing neither profit nor loss.
11 letter words ending with en
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- alloantigen — an antigen present in some but not all individuals of the same species, as those in different human blood groups.
- antimutagen — any substance that acts against a mutagen
- autoantigen — an antigen of one's own cells or cell products.
- awestricken — filled with awe.
12 letter words ending with en
- agglutinogen — an antigen that reacts with or stimulates the formation of a specific agglutinin
- antiandrogen — (steroid, pharmacology) Any substance that inhibits the release or the biological effects of an androgen.
- antiestrogen — any of several major female sex hormones produced primarily by the ovarian follicles of female mammals, capable of inducing estrus, developing and maintaining secondary female sex characteristics, and preparing the uterus for the reception of a fertilized egg: used, especially in synthetic form, as a component of oral contraceptives, in certain cancer treatments, and in other therapies.
- antihydrogen — hydrogen in which the nucleus is an antiproton with an orbiting positron
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
13 letter words ending with en
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- anti-androgen — any of a class of drugs that oppose the action of androgens; used in the treatment of prostate cancer and various male sexual disorders
- berchtesgaden — a town in Germany, in SE Bavaria: site of the fortified mountain retreat of Adolf Hitler. Pop: 7667 (2003 est)
- bergen-belsen — Belsen.
- bowling-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
14 letter words ending with en
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- command-driven — pertaining to or denoting a software program whose instructions to perform specified tasks are issued by the user as typed commands in predetermined syntax (contrasted with menu-driven).
- grief-stricken — overwhelmed by grief; deeply afflicted or sorrowful.
- half-forgotten — a past participle of forget.
15 letter words ending with en
16 letter words ending with en
- chymotrypsinogen — the inactive precursor of chymotrypsin
17 letter words ending with en
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
19 letter words ending with en
20 letter words ending with en
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
22 letter words ending with en
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2444 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.