Words ending with ean
3 letter words ending with ean
- ean — (transitive, obsolete) To bring forth young; yean.
4 letter words ending with ean
- -ean — of, belonging to, like
- bean — Beans such as green beans, French beans, or broad beans are the seeds of a climbing plant or the long thin cases which contain those seeds.
- dean — A dean is an important official at a university or college.
- gean — heart cherry.
- hean — (obsolete) Mean; abject; poor; humble; lowly.
5 letter words ending with ean
6 letter words ending with ean
7 letter words ending with ean
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- antaean — an African giant who was invincible when in contact with the earth but was lifted into the air by Hercules and crushed.
- apogean — Connected with the apogee.
- aramean — a Semite of the division associated with Aram.
- archean — designating or of the geologic eon characterized by the development of the first igneous and metamorphic rocks and the first marine microorganisms; Precambrian, esp. early Precambrian
8 letter words ending with ean
- apachean — a subgroup of the Athabaskan language family comprising the languages of the Apache tribes and the Navajo.
- aramaean — of or relating to Aram (the biblical name for ancient Syria)
- arbutean — relating to arbutus, or made from arbutus wood
- archaean — any member of the Archaea, a domain of prokaryotic microorganisms, distinguished from bacteria on molecular phylogenetic grounds and often found in hostile environments, such as volcanic vents and hot springs
- asmonean — Hasmonean.
9 letter words ending with ean
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
- amoebaean — of or relating to lines of verse dialogue that answer each other alternately
- atlantean — of, relating to, or like Atlas; extremely strong
- caesarean — of or relating to any of the Caesars, esp Julius Caesar
10 letter words ending with ean
- adamantean — of or relating to adamant
- aeschylean — 525–456 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- antipodean — Antipodean describes people or things that come from or relate to Australia and New Zealand.
- arctogaean — of or relating to Arctogaea
- calliopean — resembling a calliope in sound; piercingly loud: a calliopean voice.
11 letter words ending with ean
12 letter words ending with ean
- asclepiadean — of or relating to a type of classical verse line consisting of a spondee, two or three choriambs, and an iamb
- baccalaurean — of a baccalaureate
- capricornean — born under or characteristic of Capricorn
- crassulacean — as in crassulacean acid metabolism, a method of photosynthesis
- oto-manguean — a family of American Indian languages spoken in central and southern Mexico, including Mixtec, Zapotec, and Otomi.
13 letter words ending with ean
- anti-european — opposed to the European Union or to political union of the countries of Europe
- euphausiacean — a member of the Euphausiacea order of small shrimplike crustaceans
- indo-european — a large, widespread family of languages, the surviving branches of which include Italic, Slavic, Baltic, Hellenic, Celtic, Germanic, and Indo-Iranian, spoken by about half the world's population: English, Spanish, German, Latin, Greek, Russian, Albanian, Lithuanian, Armenian, Persian, Hindi, and Hittite are all Indo-European languages. Compare family (def 14).
- mediterranean — Mediterranean Sea.
- non-euclidean — differing from the postulates of Euclid or based upon postulates other than those of Euclid.
14 letter words ending with ean
15 letter words ending with ean
16 letter words ending with ean
- semisubterranean — half below the surface of the ground: the semisubterranean houses of some Indian tribes.
17 letter words ending with ean
19 letter words ending with ean
- proto-indo-european — the unattested prehistoric parent language of the Indo-European languages; Indo-European.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 390 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.