Words ending with ane
4 letter words ending with ane
- -ane — indicating an alkane hydrocarbon
- bane — The bane of someone or the bane of someone's life is something that frequently makes them feel unhappy or annoyed.
- cane — Cane is used to refer to the long, hollow, hard stems of plants such as bamboo. Strips of cane are often used to make furniture, and some types of cane can be crushed and processed to make sugar.
- dane — A Dane is a person who comes from Denmark.
- fane — a temple.
5 letter words ending with ane
6 letter words ending with ane
- -phane — indicating something resembling a specified substance
- alkane — any saturated aliphatic hydrocarbon with the general formula CnH2n+2
- arcane — Something that is arcane is secret or mysterious.
- ariane — Rocketry. a French-built, three-stage, liquid-propellant rocket for launching satellites into orbit around the earth.
- bimane — a bimanous animal.
7 letter words ending with ane
- abthane — a territorial possession of the early Scottish church
- airlane — Alternative spelling of air lane.
- alumane — (inorganic compound) The compound aluminium hydride, AlH3.
- apapane — a small, deep crimson Hawaiian honeycreeper, Himatione sanguinea, having black wings, tail, and bill.
- beltane — an ancient Celtic festival with a sacrificial bonfire on May Day. It is also celebrated by modern pagans
8 letter words ending with ane
- airplane — An airplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- avellane — of hazelnuts
- brisbane — a port in E Australia, the capital of Queensland: founded in 1824 as a penal settlement; vast agricultural hinterland. Pop: 2 189 878 (2013)
- camphane — a terpene hyrdocarbon, C10H18, that is both saturated and inert
- catenane — a type of chemical compound in which the molecules have two or more rings that are interlocked like the links of a chain
9 letter words ending with ane
- aeroplane — An aeroplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- allophane — a variously coloured amorphous mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium silicate and occurring in cracks in some sedimentary rocks
- antiplane — (mechanics) Being or pertaining to a special class of deformation where the displacements in the body are zero in the plane of interest but non-zero in the direction perpendicular to that plane.
- aquaplane — a single board on which a person stands and is towed by a motorboat at high speed, as in water skiing
- backplane — A board to which the main circuit boards of a computer may be connected and that provides connections between them.
10 letter words ending with ane
- ablutomane — a person who is obsessive about washing himself or herself
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- azalignane — (organic compound) Any derivative of a lignane in which one or more of the benzene rings has been replaced with pyridine.
- cellophane — Cellophane is a thin, transparent material that is used to wrap things.
- cismontane — on this (the writer's or speaker's) side of the mountains, esp the Alps
11 letter words ending with ane
- aminoborane — (inorganic compound) A mixed hydride of nitrogen and boron, NH2BH2, whose polymer is proposed as a storage site for hydrogen.
- antemundane — pertaining to that which existed or occurred before the creation of world
- balletomane — a person enthusiastic about the ballet
- battleplane — an airplane designed for combat; warplane.
- counterpane — A counterpane is a decorative cover on a bed.
12 letter words ending with ane
- aminomethane — (organic compound, often in combination) methylamine (or a derivative of it).
- bromomethane — methyl bromide.
- chloroethane — ethyl chloride.
- cycloheptane — (organic compound) An alicyclic hydrocarbon, C7H14; a volatile inflammable liquid.
- cyclolignane — (organic chemistry) Any lignane having an additional ring.
13 letter words ending with ane
- chloromethane — methyl chloride.
- convertiplane — an aircraft that can land and take off vertically by temporarily directing its propulsive thrust downwards
- convexo-plane — plano-convex
- diiodomethane — methylene iodide.
- dodecahedrane — (organic compound) One of the Platonic hydrocarbons, C20H20, having the carbon atoms at the vertices of a regular dodecahedron.
14 letter words ending with ane
- aerohydroplane — a vehicle that can function both as a motorboat and as an aircraft
- bildungsromane — a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.
- dichloroethane — a colourless toxic liquid compound that is used chiefly as a solvent. Formula: C2H4Cl2
- germanomethane — (chemistry) germanium tetrahydride.
- leopard's-bane — any composite plant of the genus Doronicum, of Europe and Asia, having alternate, usually clasping leaves and heads of yellow flowers.
15 letter words ending with ane
- cycloneolignane — (organic chemistry) Any neolignane having an additional ring.
- dichloromethane — a noxious colourless liquid widely used as a solvent, e.g. in paint strippers. Formula: CH2Cl2
- dimethylmethane — propane.
- octanitrocubane — (organic compound) A high explosive derived from cubane.
- perchloroethane — hexachloroethane.
16 letter words ending with ane
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- cyclohexamantane — (chemistry) A certain diamondoid, C26H30.
- dimethoxymethane — methylal.
- hexachloroethane — a colorless crystalline compound, C 2 Cl 6 , with a camphorlike odor, soluble in alcohol and ether, insoluble in water: used in organic synthesis and pyrotechnics, as a retarding agent in fermentation, and as a solvent.
18 letter words ending with ane
19 letter words ending with ane
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
21 letter words ending with ane
22 letter words ending with ane
23 letter words ending with ane
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
30 letter words ending with ane
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words ending with ane
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ANE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 498 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ANE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.