Words ending with ail
3 letter words ending with ail
- ail — If something ails a group or area of activity, it is a problem or source of trouble for that group or for people involved in that activity.
4 letter words ending with ail
- bail — Bail is a sum of money that an arrested person or someone else puts forward as a guarantee that the arrested person will attend their trial in a law court. If the arrested person does not attend it, the money will be lost.
- fail — to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved: The experiment failed because of poor planning.
- gail — a female or male given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “joy.”.
- hail — to pour down on as or like hail: The plane hailed leaflets on the city.
- jail — a prison, especially one for the detention of persons awaiting trial or convicted of minor offenses.
5 letter words ending with ail
- avail — If you avail yourself of an offer or an opportunity, you accept the offer or make use of the opportunity.
- brail — one of several lines fastened to the leech of a fore-and-aft sail to aid in furling it
- drail — a hook with a lead-covered shank used in trolling.
- email — (obsolete, circa 13th century) a raised or embossed image pressed into metal, such as a seal pressed into a foil and attached to a document.
- flail — an instrument for threshing grain, consisting of a staff or handle to one end of which is attached a freely swinging stick or bar.
6 letter words ending with ail
7 letter words ending with ail
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- airmail — Airmail is the system of sending letters, parcels, and goods by air.
- bedrail — a rail or board along the side of a bed that connects the headboard with the footboard
- bobtail — a docked or diminutive tail
- cattail — any of a genus (Typha) of the cattail family with reedlike leaves and long, brown, fuzzy, cylindrical flower spikes; esp., either of two species (T. latifolia and T. angustifolia) whose long, flat leaves are used in making baskets and matting
8 letter words ending with ail
- aventail — the movable front flap on a helmet
- bangtail — a horse's tail cut straight across but not through the bone
- barfmail — (messaging) Multiple bounce messages accumulating to the level of serious annoyance, or worse. The sort of thing that happens when an inter-network mail gateway goes down or misbehaves.
- boattail — a large species of blackbird, Quiscalus major, found in coastal areas of the southeastern US
- bonytail — a fish, Gila elegans, found in the Colorado River, having flaring fins and a thin caudal peduncle.
9 letter words ending with ail
- blackmail — Blackmail is the action of threatening to reveal a secret about someone, unless they do something you tell them to do, such as giving you money.
- blacktail — a variety of mule deer having a black tail
- broadtail — the highly valued black wavy fur obtained from the skins of newly born karakul lambs; caracul
- bulk-mail — to mail as bulk mail.
- chainmail — Alternative spelling of chain mail.
10 letter words ending with ail
- back-trail — to backtrack.
- breastrail — the upper rail of any parapet on a ship
- cottontail — A cottontail is a type of rabbit commonly found in North America.
- disentrail — to remove the entrails from
- dog's-tail — any of several grasses of the genus Cynosurus, esp C. cristatus (crested dog's-tail), that are native to Europe and have flowers clustered in a dense narrow spike
11 letter words ending with ail
- bristletail — any primitive wingless insect of the orders Thysanura and Diplura, such as the silverfish and firebrat, having a flattened body and long tail appendages
- countervail — to act or act against with equal power or force
- flickertail — Richardson ground squirrel.
- foretopsail — (nautical) the sail draped from the foretopmast.
- magnetotail — the narrow and elongated region of the magnetosphere of the earth or of another planet that extends in the direction away from the sun.
12 letter words ending with ail
- draggle-tail — slut; slattern.
- fore-topsail — a topsail set on a foremast on a ship.
- forestaysail — a triangular sail set on a forestay; the innermost headsail of a vessel.
- gaff-topsail — Also called fore-and-aft topsail. a jib-headed fore-and-aft sail set above a gaff.
- main-topsail — a topsail set on the mainmast.
13 letter words ending with ail
- bustard-quail — any of several birds of the family Turnicidae, of warmer parts of the Old World, resembling but not related to the true quail. Also called bustard quail, hemipode.
- lizard's-tail — either of two marsh herbs of the genus Saururus, especially S. cernuus, of North America, having drooping spikes of fragrant, white flowers.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AIL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 476 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AIL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.