Words containing za
2 letter words containing za
- za — the 17th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
3 letter words containing za
- aza — (chemistry) Used attributively for a nitrogen atom substituted for a carbon atom within a ring.
- zag — to move in one of the two directions followed in a zigzag course: First we zigged, then we zagged, trying to avoid the bull.
- zak — a male given name, form of Zachary or Zachariah.
- zap — to kill or shoot.
- zas — the 11th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
4 letter words containing za
- anza — Juan Bautista de [hwahn bou-tees-tah th e] /ʰwɑn baʊˈtis tɑ ðɛ/ (Show IPA), 1735–88, Spanish frontiersman and army officer, born in Mexico: explored western coast of U.S.
- aza- — denoting the presence of nitrogen, esp a nitrogen atom in place of a -CH group or an -NH group in place of a -CH2 group
- azan — the call to prayer five times a day, usually by a muezzin from a minaret
- czar — an emperor: title of any of the former emperors of Russia and, at various times, the sovereigns of other Slavic nations
- gaza — a seaport on the Mediterranean Sea, in the Gaza Strip, adjacent to SW Israel; occupied by Israel 1967–94; since 1994 under Palestinian self-rule: ancient trade-route center.
5 letter words containing za
- anzac — (in World War I) a soldier serving with the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps
- azana — Manuel (maˈnwel). 1880–1940, Spanish statesman; president of the Spanish Republic (1936–39) until overthrown by Franco
- azans — Plural form of azan.
- azapo — Azanian People's Organization
- baiza — a monetary unit of Oman, equal to 1⁄1000 of a rial
6 letter words containing za
- anzaas — Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science
- azalea — An azalea is a woody plant with shiny, dark-green leaves which produces many brightly-coloured flowers in the spring.
- azalia — Archaic form of azalea.
- azande — a member of a people of the Congo-Sudan region of central Africa.
- azania — the indigenous name applied to South Africa by indigenous black nationalists or liberationists.
7 letter words containing za
8 letter words containing za
- adabazar — former name of Adapazari.
- ahuzzath — a friend of Abimelech with whom he journeyed from Gerar to make a covenant with Isaac in Beersheba. Gen. 26:26–31.
- alcazars — Plural form of alcazar.
- alizarin — a brownish-yellow powder or orange-red crystalline solid used as a dye and in the manufacture of other dyes. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H2(OH)2
- apprizal — Archaic form of appraisal.
9 letter words containing za
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- affluenza — the guilt or lack of motivation experienced by people who have made or inherited large amounts of money
- alizarine — Alizarin.
- avizandum — a judge's or court's decision to consider a case privately before giving judgment
- balthazar — a wine bottle holding the equivalent of sixteen normal bottles (approximately 12 litres)
10 letter words containing za
- analyzable — to separate (a material or abstract entity) into constituent parts or elements; determine the elements or essential features of (opposed to synthesize): to analyze an argument.
- atazanavir — (pharmaceutical drug) An anti-retroviral drug of the protease inhibitor class that is used in to treat HIV infected patients.
- azalignane — (organic compound) Any derivative of a lignane in which one or more of the benzene rings has been replaced with pyridine.
- belshazzar — 6th century bc, the son of Nabonidus, coregent of Babylon with his father for eight years: referred to as king and son of Nebuchadnezzar in the Old Testament (Daniel 5:1, 17; 8:1); described as having received a divine message of doom written on a wall at a banquet (Belshazzar's Feast)
- bizarrerie — the quality of being bizarre
11 letter words containing za
- al-ghazzali — Ghazzali.
- amortizable — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
- analyzation — to separate (a material or abstract entity) into constituent parts or elements; determine the elements or essential features of (opposed to synthesize): to analyze an argument.
- anodization — the action of electroplating a metal with an ornamental or protecting layer of oxide
- apodization — (mathematics) Any of several techniques to modify the form of a mathematical function, or of a spectrum etc. by smoothing or removing irregularities.
12 letter words containing za
13 letter words containing za
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
- analogization — A process or act of analogizing.
- analyzability — to separate (a material or abstract entity) into constituent parts or elements; determine the elements or essential features of (opposed to synthesize): to analyze an argument.
- anatomization — A process or act of anatomizing.
- anglicization — (US) alternative spelling of anglicisation.
14 letter words containing za
- aerosolization — the production or dispersal of an aerosol
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- aggrandization — The act of aggrandizing, or the state of being aggrandized or exalted in power, rank, honor, or wealth; exaltation; enlargement.
- albumenization — An alternative form of albuminization.
- albuminization — A conversion into albumin.
15 letter words containing za
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- alphabetization — Alternative form of alphabetisation.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
16 letter words containing za
- aestheticization — Alternative form of aestheticisation.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- autoimmunization — antibody production by an organism in response to and against any of its own tissues, cells, or cell components.
- characterization — Characterization is the way an author or an actor describes or shows what a character is like.
- collectivization — to organize (a people, industry, economy, etc.) according to the principles of collectivism.
17 letter words containing za
- anagrammatization — Transformation of a word, etc. into its anagram.
- antiglobalization — Opposition to the increase in the global power and influence of businesses, especially multinational corporations.
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- characterizations — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
18 letter words containing za
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- hypersensitization — Photography. to treat (a film or emulsion) so as to increase its speed.
- monophthongization — to change into or pronounce as a monophthong.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
19 letter words containing za
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- decontextualization — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
- deindustrialization — the decline in importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of a nation or area
20 letter words containing za
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- institutionalization — to make institutional.
- internationalization — internationalisation
21 letter words containing za
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- pro-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- stabilization-process — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
22 letter words containing za
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- reinstitutionalization — to make institutional.
23 letter words containing za
27 letter words containing za
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with ZA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1762 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ZA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.