Words containing si
4 letter words containing si
- ansi — American National Standards Institution
- asia — the largest of the continents, bordering on the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean and Red Seas in the west. It includes the large peninsulas of Asia Minor, India, Arabia, and Indochina and the island groups of Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka; contains the mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, Himalayas, Pamirs, Tian Shan, Urals, and Caucasus, the great plateaus of India, Iran, and Tibet, vast plains and deserts, and the valleys of many large rivers including the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Tigris, and Euphrates. Pop: 4 164 252 000 (2011 est). Area: 44 391 162 sq km (17 139 445 sq miles)
- asio — Australian Security Intelligence Organization
- asir — a region of SW Saudi Arabia, in the Southern Province on the Red Sea: under Turkish rule until 1933. Area: 81 000 sq km (31 000 sq miles)
5 letter words containing si
- aesir — the chief gods of Norse mythology dwelling in Asgard
- alsip — a town in NE Illinois.
- apsis — either of two points lying at the extremities of an eccentric orbit of a planet, satellite, etc, such as the aphelion and perihelion of a planet or the apogee and perigee of the moon. The line of apsides connects two such points and is the principal axis of the orbit
- arsis — (in classical prosody) the long syllable or part on which the ictus falls in a metrical foot
- asian — Asian means belonging to or relating to Asia. British people use this term especially to refer to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Americans use this term especially to refer to China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, or Vietnam.
6 letter words containing si
- a'asia — Australasia
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
- agassi — Andre (ˈɑːndreɪ). born 1970, US tennis player: winner of eight Grand Slam singles titles (1992–2003), including four Australian Opens (1995, 2000, 2001, 2003)
- agnesi — Maria Gaetana. 1718–99, Italian mathematician and philosopher, noted for her work on differential calculus
7 letter words containing si
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abiosis — absence of life
- abusing — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- acrasin — a chemical produced by slime moulds
8 letter words containing si
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
9 letter words containing si
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- abyssinia — Ethiopia
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- accessing — the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance: They have access to the files.
- accession — Accession is the act of taking up a position as the ruler of a country.
10 letter words containing si
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
11 letter words containing si
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
- acquisition — If a company or business person makes an acquisition, they buy another company or part of a company.
- acquisitive — If you describe a person or an organization as acquisitive, you do not approve of them because you think they are too concerned with getting new possessions.
12 letter words containing si
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
13 letter words containing si
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
14 letter words containing si
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
15 letter words containing si
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
16 letter words containing si
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing si
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing si
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing si
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
21 letter words containing si
26 letter words containing si
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with SI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13938 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.