Words containing sa
3 letter words containing sa
4 letter words containing sa
5 letter words containing sa
- amasa — the commander of Absalom's army and later of David's army. II Sam. 17:25; 19:13.
- ansae — Archaeology. a looped handle, especially of a vase.
- ansar — the first inhabitants of Medina to accept Islam.
- asama — Mount, a volcano in central Honshu, NW of Tokyo: one of the largest active volcanos in Japan. 8340 feet (2542 meters).
- asana — any of various postures in yoga
6 letter words containing sa
- achsah — the daughter of Caleb who was promised in marriage to the conqueror of the city of Debir. Josh. 15:16–19; Judges 1:12–15.
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
- ahimsa — (in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jainist philosophy) the law of reverence for, and nonviolence to, every form of life
- alissa — a female given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “joy.”.
- alsace — a region and former province of NE France, between the Vosges mountains and the Rhine: famous for its wines. Area: 8280 sq km (3196 sq miles)
7 letter words containing sa
8 letter words containing sa
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- abusable — able to be abused
- accusant — a person who accuses or blames
- alinasal — (anatomy) Pertaining to expansions of the nasal bone or cartilage.
9 letter words containing sa
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- accessary — accessory
- adversary — Your adversary is someone you are competing with, or arguing or fighting against.
- advisable — If you tell someone that it is advisable to do something, you are suggesting that they should do it, because it is sensible or is likely to achieve the result they want.
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
10 letter words containing sa
- acausality — having no cause.
- accusation — If you make an accusation against someone, you criticize them or express the belief that they have done something wrong.
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- alessandra — a female given name, Italian form of Alexandra.
11 letter words containing sa
- accusatival — of the accusative case
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- adversarial — If you describe something as adversarial, you mean that it involves two or more people or organizations who are opposing each other.
- adversaries — a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.
- adversary's — a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.
12 letter words containing sa
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adversaryism — an attitude, as in labor-management negotiations, that any opposition to demands indicates an unwillingness of one side to cooperate and bargain in good faith.
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- advisability — proper to be suggested or recommended; desirable or wise, as a course of action: Is it advisable for me to write to him?
13 letter words containing sa
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- ambassadorial — Ambassadorial means belonging or relating to an ambassador.
- anti-macassar — a small covering, usually ornamental, placed on the backs and arms of upholstered furniture to prevent wear or soiling; a tidy.
- antisatellite — (of a weapon) designed to destroy satellites
14 letter words containing sa
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anglo-saxonism — Saxonism.
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
15 letter words containing sa
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
- brillat-savarin — Anthelme (ɑ̃tɛlm). 1755–1826, French lawyer and gourmet; author of Physiologie du Goût (1825)
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
- colour-reversal — (of film or photographic paper) designed to produce a positive image directly from a positive subject
16 letter words containing sa
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- characterisation — (British spelling) Alternative form of characterization.
- conversationally — of, relating to, or characteristic of conversation: a conversational tone of voice.
- disaccreditation — to take away the accreditation or authorization of: to disaccredit a diplomat.
17 letter words containing sa
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- conceptualisation — The act of conceptualising, or something conceptualised.
- conversationalist — A good conversationalist is someone who talks about interesting things when they have conversations.
- dispensationalism — the interpreting of history as a series of divine dispensations.
18 letter words containing sa
19 letter words containing sa
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing sa
- internationalisation — Alternative spelling of internationalization.
21 letter words containing sa
On this page, we collect all words with SA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7477 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.