Words containing ope
3 letter words containing ope
- ope — (now dialectal or poetic) Open. (from 13th c.).
4 letter words containing ope
- cope — If you cope with a problem or task, you deal with it successfully.
- dope — any thick liquid or pasty preparation, as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface.
- hope — Anthony, pen name of Sir Anthony Hope Hawkins.
- lope — to move or run with bounding steps, as a quadruped, or with a long, easy stride, as a person.
- mope — to be sunk in dejection or listless apathy; sulk; brood.
5 letter words containing ope
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
- chope — (Singapore) to reserve a place, such as a seat in a fast food restaurant, sometimes by placing a packet of tissue paper on it.
- coped — to struggle or deal, especially on fairly even terms or with some degree of success (usually followed by with): I will try to cope with his rudeness.
- copel — Obsolete spelling of couple.
- copen — a light shade of blue
6 letter words containing ope
- -scope — indicating an instrument for observing, viewing, or detecting
- -trope — indicating a turning towards, development in the direction of, or affinity to
- 88open — (body) A consortium with the aim of creating a multi-vendor open computing environment based on the Motorola 88000 RISC processor family.
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- aslope — sloping
7 letter words containing ope
8 letter words containing ope
- alopecia — loss of hair, esp on the head; baldness
- alopecic — bald
- amblyope — A person afflicted with amblyopia.
- anoscope — proctoscope.
- antelope — An antelope is an animal like a deer, with long legs and horns, that lives in Africa or Asia. Antelopes are graceful and can run fast. There are many different types of antelope.
9 letter words containing ope
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- aeroscope — a device that collects bacteria from the air, used for observing the atmosphere
- allotrope — any of two or more physical forms in which an element can exist
- alopecoid — resembling a fox
- antelopes — Plural form of antelope.
10 letter words containing ope
11 letter words containing ope
- acropetally — in an upward direction, towards the apex
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
- allopelagic — living or growing at different depths.
- amblyoscope — an instrument used to train an amblyopic eye to function properly.
- amylopectin — the major component of starch (about 80 per cent), consisting of branched chains of glucose units. It is insoluble and gives a red-brown colour with iodine
12 letter words containing ope
13 letter words containing ope
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- anti-european — opposed to the European Union or to political union of the countries of Europe
- benthopelagic — relating to species living at the bottom of the sea
- bottle-opener — A bottle-opener is a metal device for removing caps or tops from bottles.
- coin-operated — (of a machine) operated by the insertion of a coin
14 letter words containing ope
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- astigmatoscope — an instrument for determining the presence and severity of astigmatism.
15 letter words containing ope
- contrapropeller — one of two propellers, usually attached to a ship or aircraft, which rotates in the opposite direction to the other
- cooperativeness — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- cyclopentadiene — a colourless liquid unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon obtained in the cracking of petroleum hydrocarbons and the distillation of coal tar: used in the manufacture of plastics and insecticides. Formula: C5H6
- encyclopedicity — The quality or state of being encyclopedic.
- enteropeptidase — Enterokinase.
16 letter words containing ope
- battery-operated — powered, driven, or operated with batteries
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
- encyclopedically — In an encyclopedic way; in the manner of an encyclopedia.
- granulocytopenia — a diminished number of granulocytes in the blood, which occurs in certain forms of anaemia
- indo-europeanist — a linguist specializing in the study, especially the comparative study, of the Indo-European languages.
17 letter words containing ope
18 letter words containing ope
19 letter words containing ope
20 letter words containing ope
- back-of-the-envelope — (of a plan, calculation, etc) composed or performed quickly and without detailed analysis or research
21 letter words containing ope
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
22 letter words containing ope
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words with OPE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1736 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OPE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.