Words containing li
3 letter words containing li
- ali — ?600–661 ad, fourth caliph of Islam (656–61 ad), considered the first caliph by the Shiites: cousin and son-in-law of Mohammed
4 letter words containing li
- alif — the first letter of the Arabic alphabet
- alit — alight1
- atli — a king of the Huns who married Gudrun for her inheritance and was slain by her after he killed her brothers
- bali — an island in Indonesia, east of Java: mountainous, rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft). Capital: Denpasar. Pop: 3 151 162 (2000). Area: 5558 sq km (2146 sq miles)
- blin — singular of blini.
5 letter words containing li
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- aioli — garlic mayonnaise
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
- alibi — If you have an alibi, you can prove that you were somewhere else when a crime was committed.
- alice — a feminine name: dim. Elsie; var. Alicia
6 letter words containing li
- a-life — Artificial Life
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
7 letter words containing li
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- aboulia — abulia
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
8 letter words containing li
- acauline — having no stem
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- adlibbed — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- aerolite — a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
9 letter words containing li
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
10 letter words containing li
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- acausality — having no cause.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- accomplice — Someone's accomplice is a person who helps them to commit a crime.
11 letter words containing li
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
12 letter words containing li
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing li
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
14 letter words containing li
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
15 letter words containing li
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing li
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
17 letter words containing li
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
18 letter words containing li
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
19 letter words containing li
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing li
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
22 letter words containing li
23 letter words containing li
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing li
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing li
28 letter words containing li
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with LI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24297 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.