Words containing le
4 letter words containing le
- able — Someone who is able is very clever or very good at doing something.
- acle — the hard, durable wood of a Philippine leguminous tree, Albizzia acle, used for making fine furniture.
- alea — Classical Mythology. an epithet of Athena referring to a sanctuary built in her honor by Aleus.
- alec — A Language with an Extensible Compiler
- alee — on or towards the lee
5 letter words containing le
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
- abled — having a range of physical powers as specified (esp in the phrases less abled, differently abled)
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- addle — If something addles someone's mind or brain, they become confused and unable to think properly.
- adele — a feminine name
6 letter words containing le
- a-hole — Slang. asshole: used as a euphemism.
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- aculei — Also, acus. the modified ovipositor or sting of certain hymenopterous insects.
- addled — If you describe someone as addled, you mean that they are confused or unable to think properly.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
7 letter words containing le
8 letter words containing le
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abatable — able to be abated
- abristle — Bristling.
9 letter words containing le
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- accruable — having the ability to be accrued
10 letter words containing le
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- accelerant — accelerating
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
11 letter words containing le
- abhominable — abominable.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
12 letter words containing le
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
13 letter words containing le
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
14 letter words containing le
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing le
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
16 letter words containing le
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
- arteriosclerotic — degenerative changes in the arteries, characterized by thickening of the vessel walls and accumulation of calcium with consequent loss of elasticity and lessened blood flow.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
17 letter words containing le
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
18 letter words containing le
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing le
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
20 letter words containing le
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
21 letter words containing le
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
24 letter words containing le
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with LE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29153 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.