Words containing lap
4 letter words containing lap
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
- clap — When you clap, you hit your hands together to show appreciation or attract attention.
- flap — to swing or sway back and forth loosely, especially with noise: A loose shutter flapped outside the window.
- klap — (South Africa, slang, transitive) To strike; to smack.
- lap4 — Early assembly language for Linc-8 machine.
5 letter words containing lap
- alapa — the light blow on the cheek delivered by the bishop in a confirmation service.
- claps — Plural form of clap.
- clapt — clap1
- flaps — something flat and broad that is attached at one side only and hangs loosely or covers an opening: the flap of an envelope; the flap of a pocket.
- jalap — the dried tuberous root of any of several plants, especially Exogonium purga, of the morning glory family, or the light yellowish powder derived from it, used in medicine chiefly as a purgative.
6 letter words containing lap
- burlap — Burlap is a thick, rough fabric that is used for making sacks.
- dewlap — a loose fold of skin hanging from beneath the throat in cattle, dogs, etc
- dunlap — William, 1766–1839, U.S. dramatist, theatrical producer, and historian.
- earlap — earflap.
- elapid — (zoology) Any of many species of snakes of the family Elapidae, including the cobras, mambas, and coral snakes.
7 letter words containing lap
- calapan — a seaport on NE Mindoro, in the central Philippines.
- catflap — flap at the bottom of a door that a cat can push to get in or out
- clapped — to strike the palms of (one's hands) against one another resoundingly, and usually repeatedly, especially to express approval: She clapped her hands in appreciation.
- clapper — a person or thing that claps
- clapton — Eric. born 1945, British rock guitarist, noted for his virtuoso style, his work with the Yardbirds (1963–65), Cream (1966–68), and, with Derek and the Dominos, the album Layla (1970); later solo work includes Unplugged (1992)
8 letter words containing lap
- backslap — a slap on the back indicating joviality or congratulation
- clap-net — a net, used esp by entomologists, that can be closed instantly by pulling a string
- clapback — Lb music An exercise where the pupil is instructed to repeat a previously played rhythm by clapping.
- clappers — Plural form of clapper.
- clapping — to strike the palms of (one's hands) against one another resoundingly, and usually repeatedly, especially to express approval: She clapped her hands in appreciation.
9 letter words containing lap
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
- alappuzha — a port in SW Kerala, in S India, on the Arabian Sea.
- clapboard — A clapboard building has walls which are covered with long narrow pieces of wood, usually painted white.
- clapbread — a type of cake made from oatmeal
- clappings — Plural form of clapping.
10 letter words containing lap
11 letter words containing lap
- aesculapian — of or relating to Aesculapius or to the art of medicine
- aesculapius — the Roman god of medicine or healing
- backslapped — Simple past tense and past participle of backslap.
- backslapper — a person who backslaps; a hearty jovial person
- clapboarded — Simple past tense and past participle of clapboard.
12 letter words containing lap
- back-slapper — the practice of making a loud and effusive display of friendliness, cordiality, etc., as by slapping persons on the back.
- backslapping — Backslapping is noisy, cheerful behavior which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
- clapboarding — Present participle of clapboard.
- clapperboard — A clapperboard consists of two pieces of wood that are connected by a hinge and hit together before each scene when making a film, to make it easier to match the sound and pictures of different scenes.
- claptrappery — the art of eliciting applause
13 letter words containing lap
- back-slapping — Back-slapping is noisy, cheerful behaviour which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
- clapperboards — Plural form of clapperboard.
- dilapidations — Plural form of dilapidation.
- lamellaphones — Plural form of lamellaphone.
- laparoscopies — Plural form of laparoscopy.
14 letter words containing lap
- clapperclawing — Present participle of clapperclaw.
- collapsibility — (uncountable) The condition of being collapsible (or collapsable).
- infralapsarian — a person who believes in infralapsarianism.
- malapportioned — (of a state or other political unit) poorly apportioned, especially divided, organized, or structured in a manner that prevents large sections of a population from having equitable representation in a legislative body.
- malappropriate — inappropriate
15 letter words containing lap
16 letter words containing lap
- laparoscopically — By means of laparoscopy.
- malapportionment — (of a state or other political unit) poorly apportioned, especially divided, organized, or structured in a manner that prevents large sections of a population from having equitable representation in a legislative body.
- mamihlapinatapai — A situation in which all participants want something to be done, but none want to do it.
17 letter words containing lap
- infralapsarianism — the doctrine, held by Augustinians and by many Calvinists, that God planned the Creation, permitted the Fall, elected a chosen number, planned their redemption, and suffered the remainder to be eternally punished (opposed to supralapsarianism).
- supralapsarianism — the doctrine that the decree of election preceded human creation and the Fall (opposed to infralapsarianism).
20 letter words containing lap
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
On this page, we collect all words with LAP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 390 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LAP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.