Words containing lan
3 letter words containing lan
- lan — a system for linking private telecommunications equipment, as in a building or cluster of buildings.
4 letter words containing lan
5 letter words containing lan
- allan — a masculine name
- blanc — (Jean Joseph Charles) Louis (lwi). 1811–82, French socialist and historian: author of L'Organisation du travail (1840), in which he advocated the establishment of cooperative workshops subsidized by the state
- bland — If you describe someone or something as bland, you mean that they are rather dull and unexciting.
- blank — Something that is blank has nothing on it.
- celan — Paul, real name Paul Antschel. 1920–70, Romanian Jewish poet, writing in German, whose work reflects the experience of Nazi persecution
6 letter words containing lan
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
- alania — North Ossetia.
- alanyl — the acyl radical of alanine, found in certain proteins
- aslant — at a slant
- beslan — a town in the North Ossetian Republic in Russia: scene of a massacre in 2004 when Chechen extremists held a school hostage, leading to a siege in which 344 people were killed. Pop: 35 550 (2002)
7 letter words containing lan
- acrilan — an acrylic fibre or fabric, characterized by strength, softness, and crease-resistance and used for clothing, upholstery, carpets, etc
- alanine — a nonessential aliphatic amino acid that occurs in many proteins
- alannah — my child: used as a term of address or endearment
- ameslan — American sign language: a language in which meaning is conveyed by hand gestures and their position in relation to the upper part of the body
- angolan — Angolan means belonging or relating to Angola or its people.
8 letter words containing lan
- airplane — An airplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- allanite — a rare black or brown mineral consisting of the hydrated silicate of calcium, aluminium, iron, cerium, lanthanum, and other rare earth minerals. It occurs in granites and other igneous rocks. Formula: (Ca,Ce,La,Y)2(Al,Fe,Be,Mn,Mg)3(SiO4)3(OH)
- ambulant — moving about from place to place
- ashplant — a walking stick made from an ash sapling
- atalanta — a maiden who agreed to marry any man who could defeat her in a running race. She lost to Hippomenes when she paused to pick up three golden apples that he had deliberately dropped
9 letter words containing lan
- acidulant — an acidulating substance.
- aeroplane — An aeroplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- ailanthus — an E Asian simaroubaceous deciduous tree, Ailanthus altissima, planted in Europe and North America, having pinnate leaves, small greenish flowers, and winged fruits
- air-lance — to clean with an air lance.
- allantoic — of or in the allantois
10 letter words containing lan
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- alanbrooke — Alan Francis Brooke, 1st Viscount. 1883–1963, British field marshal; chief of Imperial General Staff (1941–46)
- aphelandra — any shrub of the evergreen genus Aphelandra, originally from tropical America, widely grown as a house plant for its variegated shiny leaves and brightly coloured flowers: family Acanthaceae
- argelander — Friedrich Wilhelm August [free-drikh vil-helm ou-goo st] /ˈfri drɪx ˈvɪl hɛlm ˈaʊ gʊst/ (Show IPA), 1799–1875, German astronomer.
- avellaneda — a city in E Argentina, an industrial suburb of Buenos Aires. Pop: 328 980 (2001)
11 letter words containing lan
- aplanospore — a nonmotile asexual spore produced by certain algae and fungi
- asplanchnic — having no gut
- atlanticism — advocacy of close cooperation in military, political, and economic matters between Western Europe, esp the UK, and the US
- atlanticist — a supporter of close military, political, and economic cooperation between Western Europe and the U.S.
- barotseland — a region in W Zambia. 44,920 sq. mi. (116,343 sq. km).
12 letter words containing lan
- allan-a-dale — (in English balladry) a member of Robin Hood's band who saved his sweetheart from an enforced marriage and married her himself
- aplanogamete — a nonmotile gamete or conjugating cell found in lower algae
- bechuanaland — former British territory (1884-1966) in S Africa: now the country of Botswana
- bipropellant — a rocket propellant consisting of two substances, usually a fuel and an oxidizer
- blandishment — the act of blandishing; cajolery
13 letter words containing lan
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- anticoagulant — acting to prevent or impair coagulation, esp of blood
- bedding-plant — bedmaker (def 1).
- blandishments — Blandishments are pleasant things that someone says to another person in order to persuade them to do something.
- cholangiogram — an X-ray of the bile duct performed after administering dye into the ducts that shows up on the X-ray
14 letter words containing lan
- allotransplant — allograft.
- anti-stimulant — Physiology, Medicine/Medical. something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part: Adrenalin is a stimulant for the heart. Compare depressant (def 4).
- anticoagulants — Also, anticoagulative [an-tee-koh-ag-yuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv, an-tahy-] /ˌæn ti koʊˈæg yəˌleɪ tɪv, -lə tɪv, ˌæn taɪ-/ (Show IPA). preventing coagulation, especially of blood.
- autotransplant — autograft.
- blanco-fombona — Rufino [roo-fee-naw] /ruˈfi nɔ/ (Show IPA), 1874–1944, Venezuelan author.
15 letter words containing lan
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- atlantic-ridley — ridley (def 1).
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- cholangiectasis — Dilation of the bile ducts.
- cholangiography — radiographic examination of the bile ducts after the introduction into them of a contrast medium
16 letter words containing lan
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- loire-atlantique — a department in NW France. 2695 sq. mi. (6980 sq. km). Capital: Nantes.
- over-explanation — the act or process of explaining.
- phalansterianism — a system by which society would be reorganized into units comprising their own social and industrial elements; Fourierism.
- philanthropistic — a person who practices philanthropy.
17 letter words containing lan
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
- philanthropically — of, pertaining to, engaged in, or characterized by philanthropy; benevolent: a philanthropic foundation.
18 letter words containing lan
19 letter words containing lan
20 letter words containing lan
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- llanfairpwllgwyngyll — a village in NW Wales, in SE Anglesey: reputed to be the longest place name in Great Britain when unabbreviated; means: St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool of Llandysilio of the red cave
On this page, we collect all words with LAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3642 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.