Words containing la
3 letter words containing la
- ala — a wing or flat winglike process or structure, such as a part of some bones and cartilages
4 letter words containing la
- alae — plural of ala.
- alai — a mountain range in central Asia, in SW Kyrgyzstan, running from the Tian Shan range in China into Tajikistan. Average height: 4800 m (16 000 ft), rising over 5850 m (19 500 ft)
- alan — a common male first name
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
- alar — relating to, resembling, or having wings or alae
5 letter words containing la
6 letter words containing la
- ablate — to remove by ablation
- ablaut — vowel gradation, esp in Indo-European languages
- ablaze — Something that is ablaze is burning very fiercely.
- abolla — a cloak worn by Roman soldiers, worn draped over one shoulder and fastened with a metal brooch
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
7 letter words containing la
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- acclaim — If someone or something is acclaimed, they are praised enthusiastically.
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
- acicula — a needle-shaped part, such as a spine, prickle, or crystal
8 letter words containing la
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
9 letter words containing la
- ablactate — to wean.
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- accoladed — any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
10 letter words containing la
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- adulations — excessive devotion to someone; servile flattery.
- adullamite — a person who has withdrawn from a political group and joined with a few others to form a dissident group
11 letter words containing la
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
12 letter words containing la
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
13 letter words containing la
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
14 letter words containing la
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
15 letter words containing la
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- assimilationism — the theory of promoting the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
- assimilationist — a person who favours and promotes the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
16 letter words containing la
17 letter words containing la
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
18 letter words containing la
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing la
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words containing la
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
21 letter words containing la
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
24 letter words containing la
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with LA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 21021 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.