Words containing k
3 letter words containing k
- ack — (military, now historical) The letter A as used in signalling and other types of communications.
- afk — away from keyboard
- aka — aka is an abbreviation for 'also known as'. aka is used especially when referring to someone's nickname or stage name.
- ake — a small hardwood New Zealand tree, Dodonea viscosa, with silver leaves and reddish bark
- akh — the transfigured and beatified spirit of a dead person.
4 letter words containing k
5 letter words containing k
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- ackee — a sapindaceous tree, Blighia sapida, native to tropical Africa and cultivated in the Caribbean for its fruit, edible when cooked
- acker — a pimple
- ackey — a silver coin minted in England in the late 18th and early 19th centuries for use in western Africa.
- acock — in a cocked position
6 letter words containing k
- a.k.a. — also known as
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- abkhaz — a member of a Georgian people living east of the Black Sea
- abnaki — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in Maine and Quebec
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
7 letter words containing k
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- ack-ack — anti-aircraft fire
- adamkus — Valdas. born 1926, Lithuanian politician, president of Lithuania (1998–2003, 2004–2009))
8 letter words containing k
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abeokuta — a town in W Nigeria, capital of Ogun state. Pop: 487 000 (2005 est)
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- abu-bakr — a.d. 573-634; successor of Mohammed & 1st caliph of Islam ( a.d. 632-634): father of Aisha
9 letter words containing k
10 letter words containing k
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
11 letter words containing k
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- aerobraking — the use of aerodynamic braking in extremely low-density atmospheres in space at hypersonic Mach numbers
- aftermarket — The aftermarket is all the related products that are sold after an item, especially a car, has been bought.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
12 letter words containing k
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
13 letter words containing k
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- amakrokokroko — a nickname for the South African Paralympic team
14 letter words containing k
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
15 letter words containing k
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing k
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
17 letter words containing k
18 letter words containing k
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
19 letter words containing k
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing k
21 letter words containing k
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
24 letter words containing k
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with letter K. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 30943 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains K that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.