Words containing ish
4 letter words containing ish
- bish — a mistake
- dish — Slang. to gossip about: They talked all night, dishing their former friends.
- fish — (loosely) any of various other aquatic animals.
- gish — Dorothy, 1898–1968, and her sister Lillian, 1896–1993, U.S. film actresses.
- kish — an ancient Sumerian and Akkadian city: its site is 8 miles (13 km) east of the site of Babylon in S Iraq.
5 letter words containing ish
- aisha — ?613–678 ad, the favourite wife of Mohammed; daughter of Abu Bekr
- amish — The Amish are members of a Protestant sect whose rural way of life is simple and strict.
- apish — stupid; foolish
- bisho — a self-governing Bantu territory of South Africa on the Indian Ocean: granted independence in 1981 by South Africa, but not recognized by any other country as an independent state. 3200 sq. mi. (8300 sq. km). Capital: Bisho.
- cuish — a piece of armor or padding for protecting the thigh.
6 letter words containing ish
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- aguish — producing, resembling, or resulting from ague.
- airish — given to putting on airs.
- arrish — corn stubble
- banish — If someone or something is banished from a place or area of activity, they are sent away from it and prevented from entering it.
7 letter words containing ish
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- ahishar — a chamberlain in Solomon's household. I Kings 4:6.
- anguish — Anguish is great mental suffering or physical pain.
- atishoo — Atishoo is used, especially in writing, to represent the sound that you make when you sneeze.
8 letter words containing ish
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- admonish — If you admonish someone, you tell them very seriously that they have done something wrong.
- astonish — If something or someone astonishes you, they surprise you very much.
- baitfish — any small fish used as bait for larger fish
- bakshish — a tip, present, or gratuity.
9 letter words containing ish
- amberfish — amberjack.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- anguished — Anguished means showing or feeling great mental suffering or physical pain.
- antishake — denoting a technology that reduces the blurring caused by movement of the person taking a photograph
- bankerish — resembling or befitting a banker, especially in being perceived as reserved and conservative in dress and demeanor: a model of bankerish decorum.
10 letter words containing ish
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- amateurish — If you describe something as amateurish, you think that it is not skilfully made or done.
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- anguishing — excruciating or acute distress, suffering, or pain: the anguish of grief.
11 letter words containing ish
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- ammishaddai — the father of Ahiezer, the Danite. Num. 1:12; 2:25.
- anglo-irish — the English language as spoken in Ireland
- astonishing — Something that is astonishing is very surprising.
12 letter words containing ish
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- anti-british — opposed to anything characteristic of or relating to Britain
13 letter words containing ish
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- archbishopric — the rank, office, or jurisdiction of an archbishop
- astonishingly — causing astonishment or surprise; amazing: an astonishing victory; an astonishing remark.
- bishop's-weed — goutweed.
- blandishments — Blandishments are pleasant things that someone says to another person in order to persuade them to do something.
14 letter words containing ish
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- apple-polisher — to curry favor with someone, especially in an obsequious or flattering manner.
- distinguishing — distinctive; characteristic, as a definitive feature of an individual or group: Intricate rhyming is a distinguishing feature of her poetry.
- impoverishment — to reduce to poverty: a country impoverished by war.
15 letter words containing ish
- borough-english — (until 1925) a custom in certain English boroughs whereby the youngest son inherited land to the exclusion of his older brothers
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- distinguishably — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- distinguishment — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
16 letter words containing ish
- disestablishment — to deprive of the character of being established; cancel; abolish.
- distinguishments — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- inextinguishable — not extinguishable: an inextinguishable fire.
- over-nourishment — something that nourishes; food, nutriment, or sustenance.
- re-establishment — the act or an instance of establishing.
17 letter words containing ish
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- british-cameroons — German Kamerun. a region in W Africa: a German protectorate 1884–1919; divided in 1919 into British and French mandates.
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
- fire-extinguisher — a portable container, usually filled with special chemicals for putting out a fire.
18 letter words containing ish
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- self-extinguishing — to put out (a fire, light, etc.); put out the flame of (something burning or lighted): to extinguish a candle.
19 letter words containing ish
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
21 letter words containing ish
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing ish
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing ish
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing ish
28 letter words containing ish
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ISH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2782 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ISH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.