Words containing he
4 letter words containing he
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- ashe — Arthur (Robert). 1943–93, US tennis player: US champion 1968; Wimbledon champion 1975
- cheb — a town in the W Czech Republic, in W Bohemia on the Ohře River: 12th-century castle where Wallenstein was murdered (1634); a centre of the Sudeten-German movement after World War I. Pop: 34 036 (2007 est)
- chef — A chef is a cook in a restaurant or hotel.
5 letter words containing he
- ached — to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- ahern — Bertie. born 1951, Irish politician; leader of the Fianna Fáil party (1994–2008); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1997–2008)
- aruhe — the edible root of a fern
- ashen — Someone who is ashen looks very pale, especially because they are ill, shocked, or frightened.
6 letter words containing he
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
- adighe — Adygei.
7 letter words containing he
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- adhered — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
8 letter words containing he
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achernar — the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus, visible only in the S hemisphere. Visual magnitude: 0.5; spectral type: B3V; distance: 144 light years
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
9 letter words containing he
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
10 letter words containing he
11 letter words containing he
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
- aesthetical — of or relating to aesthetics.
12 letter words containing he
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
13 letter words containing he
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
14 letter words containing he
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- anesthesimeter — a device for measuring the amount of anesthetic given by inhalation.
15 letter words containing he
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words containing he
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing he
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
18 letter words containing he
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
20 letter words containing he
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
21 letter words containing he
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing he
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
24 letter words containing he
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with HE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19838 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.