Words containing fie
3 letter words containing fie
- fie — Used to express disgust or outrage.
4 letter words containing fie
- fief — a fee or feud held of a feudal lord; a tenure of land subject to feudal obligations.
5 letter words containing fie
6 letter words containing fie
- affied — Simple past tense and past participle of affy.
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- baffie — (golf) A traditional name for a 5 wood.
- defied — to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly: to defy parental authority.
- defier — a person who defies
7 letter words containing fie
- alfieri — Count Vittorio (vitˈtɔːrjo). 1749–1803, Italian dramatist and poet, noted for his classical tragedies and political satires
- baffies — slippers
- beefier — of or like beef.
- comfier — comfortable.
- deified — to make a god of; exalt to the rank of a deity; personify as a deity: to deify a beloved king.
8 letter words containing fie
9 letter words containing fie
- acetified — Simple past tense and past participle of acetify.
- acetifies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acetify.
- acidified — Simple past tense and past participle of acidify.
- acidifies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acidify.
- airfields — Plural form of airfield.
10 letter words containing fie
11 letter words containing fie
- bakersfield — city in SC Calif.: pop. 247,000
- battlefield — A battlefield is a place where a battle is fought.
- beautifiers — Plural form of beautifier.
- bergenfield — a city in NE New Jersey.
- butterfield — William. 1814–1900, British architect of the Gothic Revival; his buildings include Keble College, Oxford (1870) and All Saints, Margaret Street, London (1849–59)
12 letter words containing fie
- battlefields — Plural form of battlefield.
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- brickfielder — a hot wind in parts of Australia, originally applied to a wind which blew over Sydney carrying dust from the neighbouring Brickfields sand hills
- bright-field — of or relating to the illuminated region about the object of a microscope.
- broken-field — of or having to do with running in which the ball carrier zigzags so as to go past defenders and avoid being tackled by them
13 letter words containing fie
- bloomfieldian — Linguistics. influenced by, resembling, or deriving from the linguistic theory and the methods of linguistic analysis advocated by Leonard Bloomfield, characterized especially by emphasis on the classification of overt formal features.
- centerfielder — (baseball) A player in the centerfield position.
- chesterfields — Plural form of chesterfield.
- dehumidifiers — Plural form of dehumidifier.
- field-glasses — Field-glasses are the same as binoculars.
14 letter words containing fie
- diffie-hellman — (cryptography) A public-key encryption key exchange algorithm.
- field-to-wheel — relating to all phases of biofuel production and use from growing to combustion
- fiery-tempered — easily angered
- non-classified — arranged or distributed in classes or according to class: We plan to review all the classified specimens in the laboratory.
- non-stratified — to form or place in strata or layers.
15 letter words containing fie
- board-certified — A doctor who is board-certified has passed tests and meets the standards of a board of specialists in their area of medicine.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- interstratified — Stratified with two alternating types of strata.
- interstratifies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of interstratify.
- track-and-field — of, relating to, or participating in the sports of running, pole-vaulting, broad-jumping, etc.: a track-and-field athlete.
16 letter words containing fie
- modified-release — denoting a formulation of a medicinal drug taken orally that releases the active ingredients over several hours, in order to maintain a relatively constant plasma concentration of the drug
- well-diversified — distinguished by various forms or by a variety of objects: diversified activity.
18 letter words containing fie
- sutton-in-ashfield — a market town in N central England, in W Nottinghamshire. Pop: 41 951 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words with FIE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 921 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.