Words containing fi
2 letter words containing fi
- fi — the solmization syllable used for the semitone between the fourth and fifth degrees of a scale.
3 letter words containing fi
4 letter words containing fi
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- defi — a defiant challenge
- dfid — Department for International Development
- efik — a member of a people of southeastern Nigeria near the mouth of the Calabar River, closely related to the Ibibio.
- efis — electronic flight information systems
5 letter words containing fi
- affix — If you affix one thing to another, you stick it or attach it to the other thing.
- afire — If something is afire or is set afire, it is on fire or looks as if it is on fire.
- alfie — a male given name, form of Alfred.
- alofi — the capital of the Pacific Ocean island of Niue, a New Zealand dependency.
- befit — If something befits a person or thing, it is suitable or appropriate for them.
6 letter words containing fi
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- affirm — If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- amalfi — a town in Italy: a major Mediterranean port from the 10th to the 18th century, now a resort
- baffin — William. c.1584–1622, English navigator and explorer who led several expeditions to find the North West Passage
7 letter words containing fi
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- affiche — a poster or advertisement, esp one drawn by an artist, as for the opening of an exhibition
- affinal — joined or connected by marriage
- affined — closely related; connected
- affixed — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
8 letter words containing fi
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- aerified — to aerate.
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
9 letter words containing fi
- affianced — betrothed; engaged.
- affidavit — An affidavit is a written statement which you swear is true and which may be used as evidence in a court of law.
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
- affirming — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
10 letter words containing fi
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- affinities — a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- affinitive — characterized by affinity; closely related or associated.
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- affixation — affixture
11 letter words containing fi
- afficionado — aficionado.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
12 letter words containing fi
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- artificially — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- astroturfing — a PR tactic used in politics and advertising in which actors are paid to display overt and apparently spontaneous grassroots support for a particular product, policy, or event
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- beatifically — bestowing bliss, blessings, happiness, or the like: beatific peace.
13 letter words containing fi
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- amplification — the act or result of amplifying
- amplificatory — of the nature of enlargement or extension, as of a statement, narrative, etc.
14 letter words containing fi
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
- antiscientific — opposed to the principles, methods, or aims of science
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
- beautification — Making beautiful, beautifying, improving the appearance of something.
- beneficialness — the state of being beneficial
15 letter words containing fi
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- commodification — to turn into a commodity; make commercial.
16 letter words containing fi
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- biomagnification — biological magnification.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- cost-efficiently — cost-effective.
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
17 letter words containing fi
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- confirmation-bias — the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions: Confirmation bias is a major issue when we get all our news from social media sites. Unfortunately, their experimental method was proven invalid due to confirmation bias.
- darwinian-fitness — health.
18 letter words containing fi
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- de-objectification — to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing fi
- fighter-interceptor — a fighter plane used for the defense of a region against air attack, especially by attacking bombers.
23 letter words containing fi
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words with FI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7475 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.