Words containing fed
4 letter words containing fed
- feds — the Fed, Informal. the Federal Reserve System.
5 letter words containing fed
- dyfed — a county in Wales. 2227 sq. mi. (5767 sq. km).
- effed — Simple past tense and past participle of eff.
- fedex — to send or ship by Federal Express.
- fedin — Konstantin Aleksandrovich [kuh n-stuhn-tyeen uh-lyi-ksahn-druh-vyich] /kən stʌnˈtyin ʌ lyɪˈksɑn drə vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1892–1977, Russian novelist and short-story writer.
- offed — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
6 letter words containing fed
7 letter words containing fed
- -roofed — -roofed combines with adjectives and nouns to form adjectives that describe what kind of roof a building has.
- briefed — lasting or taking a short time; of short duration: a brief walk; a brief stay in the country.
- chaffed — good-natured ridicule or teasing; raillery.
- chuffed — If you are chuffed about something, you are very pleased about it.
- coiffed — If someone has neatly coiffed hair, their hair is very carefully arranged.
8 letter words containing fed
- clip-fed — (of an automatic firearm) loaded from a cartridge clip
- corn-fed — fed on corn, esp maize
- engulfed — (of a natural force) Sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely.
- fedayeen — a member of an Arab commando group operating especially against Israel.
- fedelini — an extremely fine, strand-like pasta, thinner than vermicelli.
9 letter words containing fed
- beefed-up — strengthened or reinforced.
- debriefed — Simple past tense and past participle of debrief.
- enfeoffed — Simple past tense and past participle of enfeoff.
- federally — pertaining to or of the nature of a union of states under a central government distinct from the individual governments of the separate states, as in federal government; federal system.
- federals' — pertaining to or of the nature of a union of states under a central government distinct from the individual governments of the separate states, as in federal government; federal system.
10 letter words containing fed
- confederal — being or of a confederation of independent nations or states
- dischuffed — (New Zealand, British, informal) Very displeased or unsatisfied.
- federalese — awkward, evasive, or pretentious prose said to characterize the publications and correspondence of U.S. federal bureaus.
- federalism — the federal principle of government.
- federalist — a series of 85 essays (1787–88) by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, written in support of the Constitution.
11 letter words containing fed
- confederacy — A confederacy is a union of states or people who are trying to achieve the same thing.
- confederate — Someone's confederates are the people they are working with in a secret activity.
- crossruffed — Simple past tense and past participle of crossruff.
- federalists — a series of 85 essays (1787–88) by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, written in support of the Constitution.
- federalized — to bring under the control of a federal government: to federalize the National Guard.
12 letter words containing fed
- childproofed — Simple past tense and past participle of childproof.
- close-reefed — having most or all of the sail reefs taken in.
- confederated — Simple past tense and past participle of confederate.
- confederates — Plural form of confederate.
- defederalize — to shift the functions or powers of (an agency, service, etc.) from the jurisdiction of the federal government to that of state or local government: to defederalize construction loans.
13 letter words containing fed
- cloven-hoofed — having split hoofs, once assumed to represent the halves of a single undivided hoof, as in cattle.
- confederacies — Plural form of confederacy.
- confederating — Present participle of confederate.
- confederation — A confederation is an organization or group consisting of smaller groups or states, especially one that exists for business or political purposes.
- confederative — of confederates or a confederation
14 letter words containing fed
- antifederalism — Alternative form of anti-federalism.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- confederations — Plural form of confederation.
- federalisation — Alternative spelling of federalization.
- federalization — to bring under the control of a federal government: to federalize the National Guard.
15 letter words containing fed
16 letter words containing fed
On this page, we collect all words with FED. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 279 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FED that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.