Words containing ent
4 letter words containing ent
5 letter words containing ent
- agent — An agent is a person who looks after someone else's business affairs or does business on their behalf.
- ament — a mentally deficient person
- anent — lying against; alongside
- bento — a thin box, made of plastic or lacquered wood, divided into compartments which contain small separate dishes comprising a Japanese meal, esp lunch
- blent — blend
6 letter words containing ent
- abient — tending to move away from a stimulus or situation.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- adient — tending to move toward a stimulus.
- advent — In the Christian church, Advent is the period between Advent Sunday, the Sunday closest to the 30th of November, and Christmas Day.
7 letter words containing ent
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- agentry — the duty or activity of an agent
- ailment — An ailment is an illness, especially one that is not very serious.
- aliment — something that nourishes or sustains the body or mind
8 letter words containing ent
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- abetment — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absentee — An absentee is a person who is expected to be in a particular place but who is not there.
9 letter words containing ent
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
10 letter words containing ent
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
- abstergent — cleansing or scouring
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
11 letter words containing ent
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
12 letter words containing ent
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
13 letter words containing ent
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing ent
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing ent
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- argumentatively — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
16 letter words containing ent
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-orientalism — a peculiarity or idiosyncrasy of the peoples of Asia, especially the East.
- anti-sentimental — expressive of or appealing to sentiment, especially the tender emotions and feelings, as love, pity, or nostalgia: a sentimental song.
17 letter words containing ent
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- attention-getting — conspicuously drawing attention to something or someone: an attention-getting device; attention-getting behavior.
- burton-upon-trent — a town in W central England, in E Staffordshire: famous for brewing. Pop: 43 784 (2001)
18 letter words containing ent
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
19 letter words containing ent
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
20 letter words containing ent
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing ent
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
22 letter words containing ent
23 letter words containing ent
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
25 letter words containing ent
28 letter words containing ent
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing ent
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with ENT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9855 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ENT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.