Words containing civ
5 letter words containing civ
- civet — any catlike viverrine mammal of the genus Viverra and related genera, of Africa and S Asia, typically having blotched or spotted fur and secreting a powerfully smelling fluid from anal glands
- civic — You use civic to describe people or things that have an official status in a town or city.
- civil — You use civil to describe events that happen within a country and that involve the different groups of people in it.
- civvy — a civilian
6 letter words containing civ
7 letter words containing civ
- civilly — with civility; politely
- civitan — a member of Civitan International, a service club founded 1918.
- civitas — the body of citizens who constitute a state, especially a city-state, commonwealth, or the like.
- civvies — People in the armed forces use civvies to refer to ordinary clothes that are not part of a uniform.
- incivil — the quality or condition of being uncivil; discourteous behavior or treatment.
8 letter words containing civ
- civicism — the principle of civil government
- civilian — In a military situation, a civilian is anyone who is not a member of the armed forces.
- civilise — To educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour.
- civilist — a civilian
- civility — politeness or courtesy, esp when formal
9 letter words containing civ
- anticivic — opposed to citizenship
- civetlike — resembling a civet
- civically — of or relating to a city; municipal: civic problems.
- civilians — Plural form of civilian.
- civilised — to bring out of a savage, uneducated, or rude state; make civil; elevate in social and private life; enlighten; refine: Rome civilized the barbarians.
10 letter words containing civ
11 letter words containing civ
- baccivorous — feeding on berries
- civilianize — to change the status of (an armed force, a base, etc) from military to nonmilitary
- cruciverbal — of or relating to crosswords
- inconducive — not conducive; tending to be harmful or injurious: inconducive to the public good.
- internecive — internecine, or mutually destructive or ruinous
12 letter words containing civ
- civic-minded — having, showing, or actively carrying out one's concern for the condition and affairs of one's community; public-spirited
- civilianized — Simple past tense and past participle of civilianize.
- civilisation — Alternative spelling of civilization.
- civilization — Civilization is the state of having an advanced level of social organization and a comfortable way of life.
- coerciveness — serving or tending to coerce.
13 letter words containing civ
14 letter words containing civ
- civilizational — relating to civilization
- coercive-force — the magnetic intensity needed to reduce to zero the magnetic flux density of a fully magnetized magnetic specimen or to demagnetize a magnet.
- cruciverbalism — the compilation of crosswords
- cruciverbalist — a crossword puzzle enthusiast
- decivilization — those people or nations that have reached such a state.
15 letter words containing civ
16 letter words containing civ
- phytosuccivorous — feeding on sap, as certain sucking insects.
On this page, we collect all words with CIV. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 174 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CIV that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.