Words containing chlo
5 letter words containing chlo
- chloe — a feminine name
6 letter words containing chlo
- chlor- — chloro-
7 letter words containing chlo
- chloral — a colourless oily liquid with a pungent odour, made from chlorine and acetaldehyde and used in preparing chloral hydrate and DDT; trichloroacetaldehyde
- chloric — of or containing chlorine in the pentavalent state
- chlorid — Archaic form of chloride.
- chlorin — (organic compound) A large heterocyclic aromatic ring consisting, at the core, of three pyrroles and one pyrroline coupled through four methine linkages.
- chloro- — indicating the colour green
8 letter words containing chlo
- alachlor — a herbicide in the chloroacetanilide family
- chloasma — the appearance on a person's skin, esp of the face, of patches of darker colour: associated with hormonal changes caused by liver disease or the use of oral contraceptives
- chlodwig — German name of Clovis I.
- chlorate — any salt of chloric acid, containing the monovalent ion ClO3–
- chloride — Chloride is a chemical compound of chlorine and another substance.
9 letter words containing chlo
- antichlor — a substance used to remove chlorine from a material after bleaching or to neutralize the chlorine present
- chloracne — a disfiguring skin disease that results from contact with or ingestion or inhalation of certain chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons
- chloranil — a yellow, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 6 Cl 4 O 2 , used chiefly as a fungicide and as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes.
- chlorates — Plural form of chlorate.
- chlordane — a white insoluble toxic solid existing in several isomeric forms and usually used, as an insecticide, in the form of a brown impure liquid. Formula: C10H6Cl8
10 letter words containing chlo
- bichloride — a binary compound containing two atoms of chlorine for each atom of another element; dichloride
- chloralism — a medical condition created by prolonged use of chloral hydrate
- chloralose — an anaesthetic and sedative composed of chloral and glucose, also used as a preparation to kill birds and rodents
- chloramine — an unstable colourless liquid with a pungent odour, made by the reaction of sodium hypochlorite and ammonia. Formula: NH2Cl
- chloridate — to expose to or prepare with a chloride
11 letter words containing chlo
- anthochlore — a yellow pigment found in flowers
- chloanthite — a form of nickel arsenide having commercial importance as a nickel ore
- chloracetic — an acid made by chlorinating acetic acid
- chloramines — Plural form of chloramine.
- chlordecone — a highly toxic pesticide, C 10 H 10 O, causing nerve damage in humans, that is believed to contaminate waterways: no longer widely used.
12 letter words containing chlo
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achlorhydric — relating to a lack of gastric hydrochloric acid
- breechloader — any gun loaded at the breech
- chloralamide — (chemistry) A compound of chloral and formic amide, used to induce sleep.
- chlorambucil — an alkylating drug derived from nitrogen mustard, administered orally in the treatment of leukaemia and other malignant diseases. Formula: C14H19Cl2NO2
13 letter words containing chlo
- breechloading — loaded at the breech.
- chlorargyrite — a mineral, the naturally occurring form of silver chloride, formed in the oxidation process of silver
- chlorhexidine — an antiseptic compound used in skin cleansers, mouthwashes, etc
- chlormerodrin — a white, bitter, odorless powder, ClHgN 2 H 11 O 2 , soluble in methanol and ethanol and slightly soluble in water, used in medicine as a diuretic.
- chloroacetone — a colorless, lachrymatory, poisonous liquid, C 3 H 5 ClO, used chiefly in organic synthesis and in the manufacture of insecticides and perfumes.
14 letter words containing chlo
- chlorcyclizine — an antihistamine, C18H21ClN2, used for treating allergies
- chloritization — a conversion into or a substitution by chlorite
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chloroethylene — vinyl chloride.
15 letter words containing chlo
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- chloramphenicol — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used esp in treating typhoid fever and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or synthesized. Formula: C11H12N2O5Cl2
- dichlorobenzene — any of a group of three insoluble isomeric chemical compounds used in solvents, insecticides, and dyes
- dichloromethane — a noxious colourless liquid widely used as a solvent, e.g. in paint strippers. Formula: CH2Cl2
- epichlorohydrin — an organic compound used as a solvent in resin-making
16 letter words containing chlo
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- chlorpheniramine — an antihistaminic compound, C 20 H 23 ClN 2 O 4 , used in treating the symptoms of allergies.
- dichlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twelve isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing two chlorine atoms.
17 letter words containing chlo
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
18 letter words containing chlo
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing chlo
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- heptachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twenty-four isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing seven chlorine atoms.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
20 letter words containing chlo
- bacteriochlorophylls — Plural form of bacteriochlorophyll.
- iodochlorhydroxyquin — The drug clioquinol.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing chlo
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
- trichloronitromethane — chloropicrin.
22 letter words containing chlo
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing chlo
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing chlo
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- hydrochlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrochlorofluorocarbon.
30 letter words containing chlo
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing chlo
On this page, we collect all words with CHLO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 343 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHLO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.