Words containing chl
6 letter words containing chl
- archly — in an arch manner; pertly and mischievously
- chlor- — chloro-
- muchly — (colloquial) very much, very.
- richly — having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation.
- schlag — whipped cream, used especially as a topping for cake, coffee, etc.
7 letter words containing chl
- archlet — a small arch
- bauchle — an old worn shoe
- chlamys — a short woollen cloak, secured on the right shoulder, worn by ancient Greek men and soldiers
- chloral — a colourless oily liquid with a pungent odour, made from chlorine and acetaldehyde and used in preparing chloral hydrate and DDT; trichloroacetaldehyde
- chloric — of or containing chlorine in the pentavalent state
8 letter words containing chl
- alachlor — a herbicide in the chloroacetanilide family
- archlute — a long, large bass lute
- benchley — Robert (Charles)1889-1945; U.S. humorist
- chloasma — the appearance on a person's skin, esp of the face, of patches of darker colour: associated with hormonal changes caused by liver disease or the use of oral contraceptives
- chlodwig — German name of Clovis I.
9 letter words containing chl
- anschluss — a political or economic union, esp the annexation of Austria by Nazi Germany (1938)
- antichlor — a substance used to remove chlorine from a material after bleaching or to neutralize the chlorine present
- benchland — a stretch of level ground at the foot of mountains
- benchless — without a bench or benches
- branchlet — a small branch
10 letter words containing chl
- bichloride — a binary compound containing two atoms of chlorine for each atom of another element; dichloride
- breechless — having no breeches or trousers; bare-bottomed
- chlamydate — (of some molluscs) possessing a mantle
- chlamydiae — the sexually transmitted diseases that are due to the microorganism Chlamydia trachomatis
- chlamydial — of or relating to infections caused by bacteria of the genus Chlamydia
11 letter words containing chl
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- anthochlore — a yellow pigment found in flowers
- archliberal — extremely liberal, especially in political thinking.
- chlamydeous — (of plants) relating to or possessing sepals and petals
- chloanthite — a form of nickel arsenide having commercial importance as a nickel ore
12 letter words containing chl
13 letter words containing chl
- breechloading — loaded at the breech.
- chlamydomonas — a green, fresh water alga of the class Chlorophyceae that is flagellate and made up of a single cell
- chlamydospore — a thick-walled asexual spore of many fungi: capable of surviving adverse conditions
- chlorargyrite — a mineral, the naturally occurring form of silver chloride, formed in the oxidation process of silver
- chlorhexidine — an antiseptic compound used in skin cleansers, mouthwashes, etc
14 letter words containing chl
- chlamydospores — Plural form of chlamydospore.
- chlorcyclizine — an antihistamine, C18H21ClN2, used for treating allergies
- chloritization — a conversion into or a substitution by chlorite
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
15 letter words containing chl
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- chloramphenicol — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used esp in treating typhoid fever and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or synthesized. Formula: C11H12N2O5Cl2
- dichlorobenzene — any of a group of three insoluble isomeric chemical compounds used in solvents, insecticides, and dyes
- dichloromethane — a noxious colourless liquid widely used as a solvent, e.g. in paint strippers. Formula: CH2Cl2
- epichlorohydrin — an organic compound used as a solvent in resin-making
16 letter words containing chl
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- chlorpheniramine — an antihistaminic compound, C 20 H 23 ClN 2 O 4 , used in treating the symptoms of allergies.
- dichlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twelve isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing two chlorine atoms.
17 letter words containing chl
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
18 letter words containing chl
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing chl
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- heptachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twenty-four isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing seven chlorine atoms.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
20 letter words containing chl
- bacteriochlorophylls — Plural form of bacteriochlorophyll.
- iodochlorhydroxyquin — The drug clioquinol.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing chl
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
- trichloronitromethane — chloropicrin.
22 letter words containing chl
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing chl
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing chl
30 letter words containing chl
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing chl
On this page, we collect all words with CHL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 502 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.