Words containing cat
3 letter words containing cat
- cat — A cat is a furry animal that has a long tail and sharp claws. Cats are often kept as pets.
4 letter words containing cat
- cate — a choice bit; dainty
- cato — Marcus Porcius (ˈmɑːkəsˈpɔːʃɪəs), known as Cato the Elder or the Censor. 234–149 bc, Roman statesman and writer, noted for his relentless opposition to Carthage
- cats — credit accumulation transfer scheme: a scheme enabling school-leavers and others to acquire transferable certificates for relevant work experience and study towards a recognized qualification
- catt — Carrie Chapman1859-1947; U.S. leader in the movement for women's suffrage
- catv — community antenna television
5 letter words containing cat
- cata- — down; downwards; lower in position
- catch — If you catch a person or animal, you capture them after chasing them, or by using a trap, net, or other device.
- cater — In British English, to cater for a group of people means to provide all the things that they need or want. In American English, you say you cater to a person or group of people.
- cates — choice dainty food; delicacies
- cath- — cata-
6 letter words containing cat
- arcata — a town in NW California.
- bobcat — A bobcat is an animal in the cat family which has reddish-brown fur with dark spots or stripes and a short tail. Bobcats live in North America.
- catalo — a normally sterile hybrid developed from crossing the American bison with domestic cattle
- catano — a city in NE Puerto Rico, SW of San Juan.
- catchy — If you describe a tune, name, or advertisement as catchy, you mean that it is attractive and easy to remember.
7 letter words containing cat
- baccate — like a berry in form, texture, etc
- bearcat — Informal. a person or thing that fights or acts with force or fierceness.
- catalan — Something that is Catalan belongs or relates to Catalonia, its people, or its language. Catalonia is a region of Spain.
- catalog — A catalog is a list of things such as the goods you can buy from a particular company, the objects in a museum, or the books in a library.
- catalpa — any bignoniaceous tree of the genus Catalpa of North America and Asia, having large leaves, bell-shaped whitish flowers, and long slender pods
8 letter words containing cat
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- advocate — If you advocate a particular action or plan, you recommend it publicly.
- alcatraz — an island in W California, in San Francisco Bay: a federal prison until 1963
- allocate — If one item or share of something is allocated to a particular person or for a particular purpose, it is given to that person or used for that purpose.
- apricate — to sunbathe or bask in the sun
9 letter words containing cat
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- advocated — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
- advocator — a person who advocates
- affricate — a composite speech sound consisting of a stop and a fricative articulated at the same point, such as the sound written ch, as in chair
10 letter words containing cat
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- adjudicate — If you adjudicate on a dispute or problem, you make an official judgment or decision about it.
- advocating — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
11 letter words containing cat
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- adjudicated — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- adjudicates — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- adjudicator — a judge, esp in a competition
12 letter words containing cat
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- adjudication — the act of adjudicating
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- adjudicatory — relating to adjudication
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
13 letter words containing cat
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- amplification — the act or result of amplifying
- amplificatory — of the nature of enlargement or extension, as of a statement, narrative, etc.
- anti-catholic — opposed to the beliefs, practices, and adherents of the Roman Catholic Church
14 letter words containing cat
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
- anglo-catholic — The Anglo-Catholic part of the Church of England, or of the churches related to it, is the part whose beliefs and practices are similar to those of the Catholic Church.
- anti-education — the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.
- authenticating — to establish as genuine.
- authentication — to establish as genuine.
15 letter words containing cat
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- cat-o'-mountain — catamountain
- cataclysmically — of, relating to, or resulting from a cataclysm.
16 letter words containing cat
- autointoxication — self-poisoning caused by absorption of toxic products originating within the body
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- biomagnification — biological magnification.
- catastrophically — of the nature of a catastrophe, or disastrous event; calamitous: a catastrophic failure of the dam.
- contraindication — Contraindications are specific medical reasons for not using a particular treatment for a medical condition in the usual way.
17 letter words containing cat
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- cat-o'-nine-tails — a rope whip consisting of nine knotted thongs, used formerly to flog prisoners
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- consumer-advocate — Also called consumer advocate. a person who is dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare and rights of consumers.
- de-baathification — the process of removing the members and influence of the Ba'ath Party from public office in Iraq following the US-led invasion of 2003
18 letter words containing cat
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- catch-as-catch-can — a style of wrestling in which trips, holds below the waist, etc, are allowed
- de-objectification — to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.
- intercommunication — to communicate mutually, as people.
- non-identification — an act or instance of identifying; the state of being identified.
19 letter words containing cat
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- interesterification — transesterification.
- phacoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
20 letter words containing cat
- continuing-education — adult education.
29 letter words containing cat
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
On this page, we collect all words with CAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2986 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.