Words containing brid
5 letter words containing brid
- bride — A bride is a woman who is getting married or who has just got married.
6 letter words containing brid
- bridal — Bridal is used to describe something that belongs or relates to a bride, or to both a bride and her bridegroom.
- bridey — a female given name, form of Bridget.
- bridge — A bridge is a structure that is built over a railway, river, or road so that people or vehicles can cross from one side to the other.
- bridie — a semicircular pie containing meat and onions
- bridle — A bridle is a set of straps that is put around a horse's head and mouth so that the person riding or driving the horse can control it.
7 letter words containing brid
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- bridger — James, 1804–81, U.S. fur trader and mountain man, noted for his tall tales.
- bridges — Robert (Seymour). 1844–1930, English poet: poet laureate (1913–30)
- bridget — 453–523 ad, Irish abbess; a patron saint of Ireland. Feast day: Feb 1
- bridled — part of the tack or harness of a horse, consisting usually of a headstall, bit, and reins.
8 letter words containing brid
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- abridger — One who abridges. (First attested in the mid 16th century.).
- abridges — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abridge.
- bridally — in a manner appropriate for a bride
- brideman — a male attendant of the bridegroom at a wedding
9 letter words containing brid
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- banbridge — a district in S Northern Ireland, in Co Down. Pop: 43 083 (2003 est). Area: 442 sq km (170 sq miles)
- bridecake — a wedding cake
- bridemaid — a bridesmaid
- bridewell — a house of correction; jail, esp for minor offences
10 letter words containing brid
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- aerobridge — A telescoping corridor that extends from an airport terminal to an aircraft and allows secure boarding and disembarkation of passengers.
- bainbridge — Beryl.1934–2010, British novelist and playwright. Novels include The Dressmaker (1973), Injury Time (1977), Master Georgie (1998), and According to Queeney (2001)
- bridalveil — a waterfall in Yosemite National Park, California. 620 feet (189 meters) high.
- bridegroom — A bridegroom is a man who is getting married.
11 letter words containing brid
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- bride-to-be — A bride-to-be is a woman who is soon going to be married.
- bridewealth — (in some nonindustrial societies) the money or goods given to the family of a bride by the bridegroom or his family.
- bridgeboard — a board on both sides of a staircase that is cut to support the treads and risers
- bridgewater — a town in E Massachusetts.
12 letter words containing brid
13 letter words containing brid
14 letter words containing brid
- bascule-bridge — a device operating like a balance or seesaw, especially an arrangement of a movable bridge (bascule bridge) by which the rising floor or section is counterbalanced by a weight.
- bridge-builder — a person who attempts to connect or reconcile opposing parties
- cambridgeshire — a county of E England, in East Anglia: includes the former counties of the Isle of Ely and Huntingdon and lies largely in the Fens: Peterborough became an independent unitary authority in 1998. Administrative centre: Cambridge. Pop (excluding Peterborough): 571 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Peterborough): 3068 sq km (184 sq miles)
15 letter words containing brid
- bridge-building — efforts to establish communications and friendly contacts between people in order to make them friends or allies
27 letter words containing brid
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with BRID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 269 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BRID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.