Words containing ate
4 letter words containing ate
- aten — (in ancient Egypt) the solar disc worshipped as the sole god in the reign of Akhenaten
- ates — a shop that sells confectionery
- bate — (of hawks) to jump violently from a perch or the falconer's fist, often hanging from the leash while struggling to escape
- cate — a choice bit; dainty
- date — A date is a specific time that can be named, for example a particular day or a particular year.
5 letter words containing ate
6 letter words containing ate
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- ablate — to remove by ablation
- acuate — to sharpen
- adnate — growing closely attached to an adjacent part or organ
7 letter words containing ate
- acerate — needle-shaped
- acetate — Acetate is a shiny artificial material, sometimes used for making clothes or records.
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- actuate — If a person is actuated by an emotion, that emotion makes them act in a certain way. If something actuates a device, the device starts working.
- acylate — to introduce one or more acyl groups into a compound
8 letter words containing ate
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- abietate — a salt or ester of abietic acid.
- abnegate — to deny to oneself; renounce (privileges, pleasure, etc)
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
- accurate — careful and exact
9 letter words containing ate
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- ablactate — to wean.
- abominate — to dislike intensely; loathe; detest
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
10 letter words containing ate
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abirritate — to soothe or make less irritable
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
11 letter words containing ate
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abranchiate — having no gills
- accentuated — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
12 letter words containing ate
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- adequateness — the quality of being adequate
13 letter words containing ate
14 letter words containing ate
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-corporate — of, for, or belonging to a corporation or corporations: a corporate executive; She considers the new federal subsidy just corporate welfare.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
15 letter words containing ate
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- antepenultimate — third from last
- appropriateness — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
16 letter words containing ate
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing ate
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- color-coordinated — with all parts or elements related, blended, or matched to a particular color scheme.
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- computer-literate — If someone is computer-literate, they have enough skill and knowledge to be able to use a computer.
18 letter words containing ate
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing ate
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
26 letter words containing ate
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with ATE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9119 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ATE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.