Words containing ar
3 letter words containing ar
4 letter words containing ar
- aarp — American Association of Retired Persons
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
- afar — Afar means a long way away.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- ajar — If a door is ajar, it is slightly open.
5 letter words containing ar
- aarau — a town in N Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton: capital of the Helvetic Republic from 1798 to 1803. Pop: 15 470 (2000)
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- aarti — a Hindu ceremony in which lights with wicks soaked in ghee are lit and offered up to one or more deities
- acari — plural of acarus.
- akbar — called Akbar the Great. 1542–1605, Mogul emperor of India (1556–1605), who extended the Mogul empire to include N India
6 letter words containing ar
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- aarhus — Århus
- aarnet — Australian Academic Research Network
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
7 letter words containing ar
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- acardia — congenital absence of a heart.
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
8 letter words containing ar
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
9 letter words containing ar
10 letter words containing ar
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acinarious — covered with globose vesicles resembling grape seeds, as certain algae.
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- acute-care — providing emergency services and general medical and surgical treatment for acute disorders rather than long-term residential care for chronic illness.
11 letter words containing ar
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
12 letter words containing ar
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- adversaryism — an attitude, as in labor-management negotiations, that any opposition to demands indicates an unwillingness of one side to cooperate and bargain in good faith.
13 letter words containing ar
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
14 letter words containing ar
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
15 letter words containing ar
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anti-patriarchy — a form of social organization in which the father is the supreme authority in the family, clan, or tribe and descent is reckoned in the male line, with the children belonging to the father's clan or tribe.
16 letter words containing ar
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
17 letter words containing ar
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
18 letter words containing ar
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
19 letter words containing ar
22 letter words containing ar
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing ar
28 letter words containing ar
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing ar
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with AR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29893 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.