Words containing amp
3 letter words containing amp
- amp — An amp is the same as an ampere.
4 letter words containing amp
- ampl — (language) Along with mpl, the intrinsic parallel languages for MasPar's computers. AMPL and mpl are parallel variants of C. Ampl is actually now a gcc port.
- amps — amputation.
- camp — A camp is a collection of huts and other buildings that is provided for a particular group of people, such as refugees, prisoners, or soldiers, as a place to live or stay.
- damp — Something that is damp is slightly wet.
- gamp — an umbrella.
5 letter words containing amp
6 letter words containing amp
7 letter words containing amp
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amperes — Plural form of ampere.
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
8 letter words containing amp
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- ad&d — In the U.S., AD&D is a type of insurance that provides payment if an accident causes death or loss of a limb, eyesight, or hearing.
- ampakine — Any of a class of chemical compounds that enhance attention span and alertness and facilitate learning and memory.
- amperage — the magnitude of an electric current measured in amperes, esp the rated current of an electrical component or device
9 letter words containing amp
- abamperes — Plural form of abampere.
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- ampakines — Plural form of ampakine.
- amperages — Plural form of amperage.
- ampersand — An ampersand is the sign &, used to represent the word 'and.'
10 letter words containing amp
- ampelopsis — any woody vine of the vitaceous genus Ampelopsis, of tropical and subtropical Asia and America
- ampersands — Plural form of ampersand.
- amphiaraus — a hero who joined the Seven against Thebes, although he knew that his death was fated: deified after death.
- amphiaster — the structure that occurs in a cell undergoing mitosis, consisting of a spindle with an aster at each end
- amphibians — any cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Amphibia, comprising frogs and toads, newts and salamanders, and caecilians, the larvae being typically aquatic, breathing by gills, and the adults being typically semiterrestrial, breathing by lungs and through the moist, glandular skin.
11 letter words containing amp
- aid-de-camp — aide-de-camp.
- ampere-hour — a practical unit of quantity of electricity; the quantity that flows in one hour through a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere. 1 ampere-hour is equivalent to 3600 coulombs
- ampere-turn — a unit of magnetomotive force; the magnetomotive force produced by a current of 1 ampere passing through one complete turn of a coil. 1 ampere-turn is equivalent to 4π/10 or 1.257 gilberts
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- amphetamine — Amphetamine is a drug which increases people's energy, makes them excited, and reduces their desire for food.
12 letter words containing amp
- aide-de-camp — An aide-de-camp is an officer in the armed forces who helps an officer of higher rank.
- ampelography — the science concerned with the identification and classification of grapevines
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- amphetamines — Plural form of amphetamine.
- amphibiology — The branch of science that deals with amphibious animals.
13 letter words containing amp
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- amphibologies — Plural form of amphibology.
- amphictyonies — Plural form of amphictyony.
- amphidiploidy — (of an organism or cell) the condition of being amphidiploid ie having a diploid set of chromosomes from each parent
- amphigastrium — any of the small leaves or appendages on the under surface of the stem of some liverworts
14 letter words containing amp
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- amphiarthrosis — a type of articulation permitting only slight movement, as between the vertebrae of the backbone
- amphibiousness — The state or quality of being amphibious.
- amphibological — (rare) of doubtful meaning, ambiguous, quibbling.
- amphiprostylar — Amphiprostyle.
15 letter words containing amp
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- amphitheatrical — Having some of the characteristics of an amphitheatre.
- champs-elysées — a major boulevard in Paris, leading from the Arc de Triomphe: site of the Elysée Palace and government offices
- chloramphenicol — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used esp in treating typhoid fever and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or synthesized. Formula: C11H12N2O5Cl2
- countercampaign — a campaign responding to another campaign
16 letter words containing amp
17 letter words containing amp
- amphitheatrically — In a manner such as to appear to have some characteristics of an amphitheatre.
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- dextroamphetamine — a dextrorotatory amphetamine, used to suppress appetite
18 letter words containing amp
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing amp
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
21 letter words containing amp
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
28 letter words containing amp
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
29 letter words containing amp
- methylenedioxymethamphetamine — The psychoactive drug MDMA or Ecstasy, an amphetamine that produces entactogenic, psychedelic, and stimulant effects.
On this page, we collect all words with AMP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1277 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AMP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.