Words containing ado
3 letter words containing ado
- ado — bustling activity; fuss; bother; delay (esp in the phrases without more ado, with much ado)
4 letter words containing ado
- adoe — Obsolete spelling of ado.
- ados — Plural form of ado.
- dado — A dado is a strip of wood that can be fixed to the lower part of a wall. The wall is then often decorated differently above and below the dado.
- fado — a Portuguese folk song typically of doleful or fatalistic character and usually accompanied on the guitar.
5 letter words containing ado
- adobe — Adobe is a mixture of mud and straw that is dried into bricks in the sun and used for building, especially in hot countries.
- adobo — the national dish of the Philippines, which consists of chunks of meat, fish, or vegetables, marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and spices and then stewed in the marinade
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
6 letter words containing ado
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- adobes — Plural form of adobe.
- adobos — Plural form of adobo.
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- adonai — a name for God
7 letter words containing ado
- abogado — Counsel; advisor; councilor; barrister.
- adonais — Hebrew. a title of reverence for God, serving also as a substitute pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton.
- adonias — a son of David, put to death at the order of Solomon. II Sam. 3:4; I Kings 2:19–25.
- adonize — (of a man) to make more beautiful
- adopted — having been adopted
8 letter words containing ado
- adonijah — a son of David, put to death at the order of Solomon. II Sam. 3:4; I Kings 2:19–25.
- adonises — Classical Mythology. a youth slain by a wild boar but permitted by Zeus to pass four months every year in the lower world with Persephone, four with Aphrodite, and four wherever he chose.
- adoptees — Plural form of adoptee.
- adopters — Plural form of adopter.
- adopting — Present participle of adopt.
9 letter words containing ado
10 letter words containing ado
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- adoptively — in an adoptive manner; by adoption
- adorations — Plural form of adoration.
- adornments — Plural form of adornment.
11 letter words containing ado
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
- adolescents — Plural form of adolescent.
- adoptionism — an early Greek theology that Jesus was a man gifted with divine powers
- adoptionist — someone who believes in adoptionism
- adorability — the quality of being adorable or highly attractive
12 letter words containing ado
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- adolescently — in an adolescent manner
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- affectionado — Misspelling of aficionado.
13 letter words containing ado
- administrador — (historical) A steward or official in various Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries.
- ambassadorial — Ambassadorial means belonging or relating to an ambassador.
- braggadocious — boastful
- conquistadors — Plural form of conquistador.
- foreshadowing — to show or indicate beforehand; prefigure: Political upheavals foreshadowed war.
14 letter words containing ado
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
- conquistadores — one of the Spanish conquerors of Mexico and Peru in the 16th century.
- daffadowndilly — a daffodil
- diadokokinesia — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
15 letter words containing ado
- ambassadorships — Plural form of ambassadorship.
- diadochokinesia — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- diadochokinesis — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- sadomasochistic — interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.
- the-ambassadors — a novel (1903) by Henry James.
16 letter words containing ado
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- cladogenetically — By means of cladogenesis.
- sado-masochistic — Something that is sado-masochistic is connected with the practice of sado-masochism.
17 letter words containing ado
- gustavus-adolphus — (Gustavus Adolphus) 1778–1837, king of Sweden 1792–1809 (son of Gustavus III).
18 letter words containing ado
19 letter words containing ado
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
23 letter words containing ado
- icosidodecadodecahedron — A polyhedron having 44 faces, 60 vertices, 120 edges, 12 self intersected faces and 12 nonconvex faces.
On this page, we collect all words with ADO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 562 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.