Words containing acid
4 letter words containing acid
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
5 letter words containing acid
6 letter words containing acid
- acidic — Acidic substances contain acid.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- diacid — (of a salt or acid) containing two acidic hydrogen atoms
- placid — pleasantly calm or peaceful; unruffled; tranquil; serenely quiet or undisturbed: placid waters.
7 letter words containing acid
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
- acidity — the quality or state of being acid
- antacid — that neutralizes acids; counteracting acidity
- monacid — (chemistry) Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by a negative or acid atom or radical; capable of neutralizing a monobasic acid.
- nonacid — Having no acidic properties or content.
8 letter words containing acid
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
- acidemic — Alternative form of acidaemic.
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- acidness — Acidity, sourness.
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
9 letter words containing acid
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- acidaemia — (medicine) a medical condition marked by an abnormally high concentration of hydrogen ions in a person's blood.
- acidaemic — Pertaining to, or afflicted with, acidaemia.
- acidified — Simple past tense and past participle of acidify.
10 letter words containing acid
- acid-proof — resistant to the action of acid
- acidifying — Present participle of acidify.
- acidimeter — any instrument or standard solution for determining the amount of acid in a sample solution
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- acidogenic — producing acid, as bacteria, or causing acidity, as of the urine.
11 letter words containing acid
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acidimeters — Plural form of acidimeter.
- acidimetric — (chemistry) Describing a titration in which the titrant is an acid.
12 letter words containing acid
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- acidophilous — thriving in an acidic environment
- hyperacidity — excessive acidity, as of the gastric juice.
- ketoacidosis — (pathology) A severe form of ketosis, most commonly seen in diabetics, in which so much ketone is produced that acidosis occurs.
13 letter words containing acid
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- acidulousness — A state of or tendency toward being acidulous or somewhat sour or acid.
- aminoaciduria — the presence of amino acids in urine
- carbolic-acid — Also called carbolic acid, hydroxybenzene, oxybenzene, phenylic acid. a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous mass, C 6 H 5 OH, obtained from coal tar, or a hydroxyl derivative of benzene: used chiefly as a disinfectant, as an antiseptic, and in organic synthesis.
14 letter words containing acid
- trichomonacide — an agent that destroys trichomonads
15 letter words containing acid
- deacidification — a procedure that is carried out to lessen the level of acid present in paper
- pyrogallic-acid — a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous, solid, phenolic compound, C 6 H 3 (OH) 3 , obtained by heating gallic acid and water: used chiefly as a developer in photography, as a mordant for wool, in dyeing, and in medicine in the treatment of certain skin conditions.
- trichomonacidal — relating to a trichomonacide
16 letter words containing acid
- thermoacidophile — any organism, especially a type of archaebacterium, that thrives in strongly acidic environments at high temperatures.
On this page, we collect all words with ACID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 505 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.