Words containing aa
2 letter words containing aa
- aa — a volcanic rock consisting of angular blocks of lava with a very rough surface
3 letter words containing aa
4 letter words containing aa
5 letter words containing aa
- aahed — Simple past tense and past participle of aah.
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- aalto — Alvar (ˈalvar). 1898–1976, Finnish architect and furniture designer, noted particularly for his public and industrial buildings, in which wood is much used. He invented bent plywood furniture (1932)
- aamsu — All Assam Manipuri Students Union
6 letter words containing aa
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- aarhus — Århus
- aarnet — Australian Academic Research Network
- aarthi — Alternative form of aarti.
7 letter words containing aa
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- ahimaaz — a priest who supported David during the revolt of Absalom. II Sam. 18:19–32.
- alkmaar — a city in the W Netherlands, in North Holland. Pop: 93 000 (2003 est)
- baalbek — a town in E Lebanon: an important city in Phoenician and Roman times; extensive ruins. Pop: 150 000 (1998 est)
8 letter words containing aa
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- aasvogel — a South African vulture
9 letter words containing aa
10 letter words containing aa
- aardwolves — Plural form of aardwolf.
- ahvenanmaa — group of Finn. islands at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia: 590 sq mi (1,528 sq km); pop. 25,000
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
- braaivleis — a picnic at which meat is cooked over an open fire; a barbecue
- canaanitic — a group of ancient languages belonging to the Semitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family and including Canaanite, Phoenician, Ugaritic, and Hebrew
11 letter words containing aa
- kierkegaard — Sören Aabye [sœ-ruh n aw-by] /ˈsœ rən ˈɔ bü/ (Show IPA), 1813–55, Danish philosopher and theologian.
- saarbrucken — a state in W Germany, in the Saar River valley. 991 sq. mi. (2569 sq. km). Capital: Saarbrücken.
- superbazaar — (in India) a large department store or supermarket, esp one set up as a cooperative store by the government
- transvaaler — a province in the NE Republic of South Africa. 110,450 sq. mi. (286,066 sq. km). Capital: Pretoria.
- up-helly-aa — a midwinter festival held in January in Shetland; originally a fire festival, but now a celebration of Shetland's Norse heritage, involving the ceremonial burning of a newly built Viking ship
12 letter words containing aa
13 letter words containing aa
14 letter words containing aa
- finsteraarhorn — a mountain in S central Switzerland: highest peak of the Bernese Alps, 14,026 feet (4275 meters).
- haarlemmermeer — a city in W Netherlands.
- intraabdominal — Within the cavity of the abdomen.
- intraarticular — (anatomy) Situated within a joint.
- kierkegaardian — of, relating to, or resembling the philosophy or religious views of Kierkegaard.
15 letter words containing aa
- intraarterially — In an intraarterial way.
17 letter words containing aa
- de-baathification — the process of removing the members and influence of the Ba'ath Party from public office in Iraq following the US-led invasion of 2003
21 letter words containing aa
- humuhumunukunukuapuaa — either of two triggerfishes, especially Rhinecantus aculeatus, of Indo-Pacific coral reefs.
26 letter words containing aa
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
On this page, we collect all words with AA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 321 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.