Words containing y, a
3 letter words containing y, a
4 letter words containing y, a
5 letter words containing y, a
- abaya — a loose-fitting, long-sleeved robe worn by Muslim women in Arabic-speaking countries, often with a headscarf or veil
- abbey — An abbey is a church with buildings attached to it in which monks or nuns live or used to live.
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- abyla — a mountain at Ceuta, N Africa
- abysm — an abyss
6 letter words containing y, a
7 letter words containing y, a
- abeyant — temporarily inactive, stopped, or suspended.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- abyssal — of or belonging to the ocean depths, esp below 2000 metres (6500 feet)
8 letter words containing y, a
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
9 letter words containing y, a
10 letter words containing y, a
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
11 letter words containing y, a
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
12 letter words containing y, a
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
13 letter words containing y, a
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing y, a
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
15 letter words containing y, a
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
16 letter words containing y, a
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
17 letter words containing y, a
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
18 letter words containing y, a
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
19 letter words containing y, a
20 letter words containing y, a
On this page, we collect all words with Y, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 32207 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains Y, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.