Words containing t, s
4 letter words containing t, s
5 letter words containing t, s
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- adust — dried up or darkened by heat; burnt or scorched
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
6 letter words containing t, s
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
7 letter words containing t, s
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abreast — If people or things walk or move abreast, they are next to each other, side by side, and facing in the same direction.
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
8 letter words containing t, s
- abristle — Bristling.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absentee — An absentee is a person who is expected to be in a particular place but who is not there.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
9 letter words containing t, s
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
10 letter words containing t, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
11 letter words containing t, s
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
12 letter words containing t, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
13 letter words containing t, s
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
14 letter words containing t, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
15 letter words containing t, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing t, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
17 letter words containing t, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
18 letter words containing t, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing t, s
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing t, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
22 letter words containing t, s
23 letter words containing t, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing t, s
28 letter words containing t, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with T, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 79187 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains T, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.