Words containing r
3 letter words containing r
4 letter words containing r
- aarp — American Association of Retired Persons
- abri — a shelter or place of refuge, esp in wartime
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- acre — An acre is an area of land measuring 4840 square yards or 4047 square metres.
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
5 letter words containing r
- aarau — a town in N Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton: capital of the Helvetic Republic from 1798 to 1803. Pop: 15 470 (2000)
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- aarti — a Hindu ceremony in which lights with wicks soaked in ghee are lit and offered up to one or more deities
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
6 letter words containing r
7 letter words containing r
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abbrev. — abbreviation
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
8 letter words containing r
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
9 letter words containing r
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abecedary — abecedarian.
10 letter words containing r
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
11 letter words containing r
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
12 letter words containing r
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
13 letter words containing r
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
14 letter words containing r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
17 letter words containing r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
18 letter words containing r
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
19 letter words containing r
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
20 letter words containing r
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
On this page, we collect all words with letter R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 167180 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.