Words containing p, e, d
4 letter words containing p, e, d
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- deep — If something is deep, it extends a long way down from the ground or from the top surface of something.
- dep. — departs
- depp — Johnny, full name John Christopher, born 1963, US actor; his films include Edward Scissorhands (1990), Sleepy Hollow (1999), and the Pirates of the Caribbean series (from 2003)
- dept — Dept is used as a written abbreviation for department, usually in the name of a particular department.
5 letter words containing p, e, d
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- amped — amplifier (def 2).
- biped — A biped is a creature with two legs.
- caped — wearing a cape
- coped — to struggle or deal, especially on fairly even terms or with some degree of success (usually followed by with): I will try to cope with his rudeness.
6 letter words containing p, e, d
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- append — When you append something to something else, especially a piece of writing, you attach it or add it to the end of it.
- bedhop — Alternative spelling of bed-hop.
- bedpad — a pad or other protective covering used between the mattress and the bottom sheet of a bed.
- bedpan — A bedpan is a shallow bowl shaped like a toilet seat, which is used instead of a toilet by people who are too ill to get out of bed.
7 letter words containing p, e, d
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
8 letter words containing p, e, d
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
9 letter words containing p, e, d
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- ademption — the failure of a specific legacy, as by a testator disposing of the subject matter in his lifetime
- adephagia — bulimia (def 1).
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
10 letter words containing p, e, d
11 letter words containing p, e, d
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- aid-de-camp — aide-de-camp.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
12 letter words containing p, e, d
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
13 letter words containing p, e, d
14 letter words containing p, e, d
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
15 letter words containing p, e, d
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
16 letter words containing p, e, d
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
17 letter words containing p, e, d
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
18 letter words containing p, e, d
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
19 letter words containing p, e, d
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
20 letter words containing p, e, d
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing p, e, d
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing p, e, d
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
23 letter words containing p, e, d
24 letter words containing p, e, d
31 letter words containing p, e, d
32 letter words containing p, e, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, E, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, E, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.