Words containing o, r, d
5 letter words containing o, r, d
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
- adorn — If something adorns a place or an object, it makes it look more beautiful.
- adour — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- ardor — emotional warmth; passion
- aroid — of, relating to, or belonging to the Araceae, a family of plants having small flowers massed on a spadix surrounded by a large petaloid spathe. The family includes arum, calla, and anthurium
6 letter words containing o, r, d
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
- accord — An accord between countries or groups of people is a formal agreement, for example to end a war.
- adoral — Relating to or denoting the side or end where the mouth is situated, especially in animals, such as echinoderms, that lack clear upper and lower sides.
7 letter words containing o, r, d
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
- accardo — Salvatore. born 1941, Italian violinist and conductor
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adjourn — If a meeting or trial is adjourned or if it adjourns, it is stopped for a short time.
- adopter — person who adopts a child
8 letter words containing o, r, d
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- accorded — to be in agreement or harmony; agree.
9 letter words containing o, r, d
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
10 letter words containing o, r, d
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
11 letter words containing o, r, d
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
12 letter words containing o, r, d
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing o, r, d
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
14 letter words containing o, r, d
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
15 letter words containing o, r, d
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing o, r, d
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
17 letter words containing o, r, d
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing o, r, d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing o, r, d
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
20 letter words containing o, r, d
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
21 letter words containing o, r, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing o, r, d
23 letter words containing o, r, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with O, R, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28631 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, R, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.