Words containing l, i
3 letter words containing l, i
4 letter words containing l, i
- ails — to cause pain, uneasiness, or trouble to.
- akil — a male given name: from an Arabic word meaning “one who uses reason.”.
- alai — a mountain range in central Asia, in SW Kyrgyzstan, running from the Tian Shan range in China into Tajikistan. Average height: 4800 m (16 000 ft), rising over 5850 m (19 500 ft)
- albi — a town in S France: connected with the Albigensian heresy and the crusade against it. Pop: 46 274 (1999)
- alif — the first letter of the Arabic alphabet
5 letter words containing l, i
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- aboil — boiling
- adlai — a male given name.
- agile — Someone who is agile can move quickly and easily.
- ailed — to cause pain, uneasiness, or trouble to.
6 letter words containing l, i
- a-life — Artificial Life
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
7 letter words containing l, i
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
8 letter words containing l, i
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abbatial — of or relating to an abbot, abbess, or abbey
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
9 letter words containing l, i
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
10 letter words containing l, i
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
11 letter words containing l, i
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhominable — abominable.
- abiological — not involving living organisms
12 letter words containing l, i
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
13 letter words containing l, i
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
14 letter words containing l, i
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing l, i
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing l, i
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing l, i
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
18 letter words containing l, i
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing l, i
20 letter words containing l, i
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
21 letter words containing l, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing l, i
On this page, we collect all words with L, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 80406 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.