Words containing h, i, g
5 letter words containing h, i, g
- aight — (AAVE, slang) All right.
- anigh — near, close
- bight — a wide indentation of a shoreline, or the body of water bounded by such a curve
- bligh — William. 1754–1817, British admiral; Governor of New South Wales (1806–9), deposed by the New South Wales Corps: as a captain, commander of H.M.S. Bounty when the crew mutinied in 1789
- ching — of, relating to, or designating the Manchu dynasty (1644–1912) of China
6 letter words containing h, i, g
7 letter words containing h, i, g
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- afghani — the standard monetary unit of Afghanistan, divided into 100 puli
- aligarh — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh, with a famous Muslim university (1920). Pop: 667 732 (2001)
- alright — all right
- althing — the bicameral parliament of Iceland
8 letter words containing h, i, g
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- affright — to frighten
- agathism — The doctrine that the ultimate end of all things is good, although the intermediate means may be evil.
9 letter words containing h, i, g
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- achieving — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- adephagia — bulimia (def 1).
- adigranth — Granth.
- aegisthus — a cousin to and the murderer of Agamemnon, whose wife Clytemnestra he had seduced. He usurped the kingship of Mycenae until Orestes, Agamemnon's son, returned home and killed him
10 letter words containing h, i, g
- aerophagia — spasmodic swallowing of air, a habit that can lead to belching and stomach pain
- affrighted — to frighten.
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
- airfreight — a method or service for transporting cargo by air
- alcheringa — (often initial capital letter) dreamtime.
11 letter words containing h, i, g
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
- agoraphobic — Someone who is agoraphobic suffers from agoraphobia.
12 letter words containing h, i, g
- agrichemical — a chemical used in agriculture
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
- anepigraphic — (of a coin, artifact, etc.) without a legend or inscription.
- angiographic — relating to or using angiography
- anglophiliac — a strong admiration or enthusiasm for England, its people, and things English.
13 letter words containing h, i, g
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- aluminography — algraphy.
14 letter words containing h, i, g
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- anesthesiology — the science of anesthesia and anesthetics
- anglo-catholic — The Anglo-Catholic part of the Church of England, or of the churches related to it, is the part whose beliefs and practices are similar to those of the Catholic Church.
15 letter words containing h, i, g
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
16 letter words containing h, i, g
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
17 letter words containing h, i, g
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing h, i, g
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
19 letter words containing h, i, g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing h, i, g
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
22 letter words containing h, i, g
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
24 letter words containing h, i, g
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
29 letter words containing h, i, g
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
32 letter words containing h, i, g
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with H, I, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13030 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, I, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.