Words containing f, a, s
3 letter words containing f, a, s
- fas — the twentieth letter of the Arabic alphabet.
4 letter words containing f, a, s
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- fars — a province in SW Iran. 51,466 sq. mi. (133,297 sq. km).
- fash — (Scotland, Geordie, Northern England) To worry; to bother, annoy.
- fast — moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly; quick; swift; rapid: a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
- fats — Antoine ("Fats") born 1928, U.S. rhythm-and-blues pianist, singer, and composer.
5 letter words containing f, a, s
- aslef — Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen
- facts — something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
- falas — a text or refrain in old songs.
- falls — Albert Bacon, 1861–1944, U.S. politician: senator 1912–21; secretary of the Interior 1921–23; convicted in Teapot Dome scandal.
- false — not true or correct; erroneous: a false statement.
6 letter words containing f, a, s
- aflush — (archaic, or, poetic) flushed, blushing.
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
- afraes — Associate Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- afresh — If you do something afresh, you do it again in a different way.
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
7 letter words containing f, a, s
- affairs — personal or business interests
- affixes — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- affords — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afrasia — N Africa and SW Asia considered together.
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
8 letter words containing f, a, s
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- affusion — the baptizing of a person by pouring water onto his head
- afrasian — of Afrasia.
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
9 letter words containing f, a, s
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- aftercast — a casting made from a mold that was itself made from an original casting.
10 letter words containing f, a, s
11 letter words containing f, a, s
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- afternoon's — the time from noon until evening.
12 letter words containing f, a, s
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
13 letter words containing f, a, s
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, a, s
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
15 letter words containing f, a, s
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
16 letter words containing f, a, s
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
17 letter words containing f, a, s
18 letter words containing f, a, s
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, a, s
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
23 letter words containing f, a, s
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing f, a, s
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11288 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.