Words containing f, a, n, t, i
5 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
6 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- faints — a temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain; a swoon: to fall into a faint.
- fainty — feeling faint; about to lose consciousness.
- fating — something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.
- infant — a child during the earliest period of its life, especially before he or she can walk; baby.
7 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- antefix — a carved ornament at the eaves of a roof to hide the joint between the tiles
- antifog — acting to prevent the condensation of moisture, esp on transparent surfaces
- defiant — If you say that someone is defiant, you mean they show aggression or independence by refusing to obey someone.
- faction — a form of writing or filmmaking that treats real people or events as if they were fictional or uses them as an integral part of a fictional account.
8 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- califont — a gas water heater
- crafting — an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, especially manual skill: the craft of a mason.
- drafting — a drawing, sketch, or design.
9 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
- affixment — the act of attaching or affixing
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
10 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
11 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
12 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
13 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
17 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
18 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
25 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
27 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
29 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, a, n, t, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, N, T, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6633 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, N, T, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.