Words containing f, a, i, t, o
7 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- antifog — acting to prevent the condensation of moisture, esp on transparent surfaces
- biofact — an item of biological information
- faction — a form of writing or filmmaking that treats real people or events as if they were fictional or uses them as an integral part of a fictional account.
- factoid — an insignificant or trivial fact.
- faitour — impostor; fake.
8 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- biforate — having two openings, pores, or perforations
- boatlift — an evacuation or rescue by boat
- califont — a gas water heater
- clafouti — a tart made of fruit, especially cherries, baked in a thick, sweet batter.
- factious — given to faction; dissentious: A factious group was trying to undermine the government.
9 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- aforetime — formerly
- bifoliate — having only two leaves
- biosafety — the precautions taken to control the cultivation and distribution of genetically modified crops and products
10 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affixation — affixture
- affliction — An affliction is something which causes physical or mental suffering.
- affronting — a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult: an affront to the king.
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
11 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
12 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
14 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- biomagnification — biological magnification.
17 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
19 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- interesterification — transesterification.
20 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- refrigerator-freezer — a large appliance housing one compartment for refrigerating food and another for freezing.
21 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
22 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
25 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
27 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
29 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, a, i, t, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, I, T, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5978 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, I, T, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.