Words containing d, i
3 letter words containing d, i
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
4 letter words containing d, i
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- adie — Kathryn, known as Kate. born 1945, British television journalist, noted esp for her frontline reporting of revolutions, wars, etc
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- adit — an almost horizontal shaft into a mine, for access or drainage
- aida — a cotton fabric with a natural mesh
5 letter words containing d, i
- abide — to tolerate; put up with
- acidy — of the nature of or resembling acid; sharp; sour: an acidy taste.
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- adami — Edward Fenech. born 1934, Maltese politician, president of Malta (2004–2009)
- addie — a female given name, form of Adeline.
6 letter words containing d, i
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abdias — Obadiah
- abided — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- acadia — the Atlantic Provinces of Canada
7 letter words containing d, i
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- abscind — to cut off
8 letter words containing d, i
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abdicant — a person who abdicates
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- abidance — the act or state of abiding.
9 letter words containing d, i
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
10 letter words containing d, i
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
11 letter words containing d, i
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
12 letter words containing d, i
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing d, i
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
14 letter words containing d, i
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
15 letter words containing d, i
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing d, i
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing d, i
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
18 letter words containing d, i
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing d, i
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
20 letter words containing d, i
21 letter words containing d, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing d, i
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
25 letter words containing d, i
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing d, i
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with D, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 53550 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.