Words containing c, i, r, u, m
6 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- cerium — a malleable ductile steel-grey element of the lanthanide series of metals, used in lighter flints and as a reducing agent in metallurgy. Symbol: Ce; atomic no: 58; atomic wt: 140.115; valency: 3 or 4; relative density: 6.770; melting pt: 798°C; boiling pt: 3443°C
- corium — the deep inner layer of the skin, beneath the epidermis, containing connective tissue, blood vessels, and fat
- crinum — any plant of the mostly tropical amaryllidaceous genus Crinum, having straplike leaves and clusters of lily-like flowers
- curium — a silvery-white metallic transuranic element artificially produced from plutonium. Symbol: Cm; atomic no: 96; half-life of most stable isotope, 247Cm: 1.6 x 107 years; valency: 3 and 4; relative density: 13.51 (calculated); melting pt: 1345±400°C
- murcia — a city in SE Spain.
7 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- circum- — around; surrounding; on all sides
- cranium — Your cranium is the round part of your skull that contains your brain.
- crissum — the area or feathers surrounding the cloaca of a bird
- crummie — a cow, espy one with crooked or crumpled horns
- cumarin — a fragrant crystalline substance, C 9 H 6 O 2 , obtained from the tonka bean, sweet clover, and certain other plants or prepared synthetically, used chiefly in soaps and perfumery.
8 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- americus — a city in SW central Georgia.
- apurimac — a river in S Peru, rising in the Andes and flowing northwest into the Urubamba River. Length: about 885 km (550 miles)
- brachium — the arm, esp the upper part
- cervicum — the flexible region between the prothorax and head in insects
- cherubim — a celestial being. Gen. 3:24; Ezek. 1, 10.
9 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- amaurotic — partial or total loss of sight, especially in the absence of a gross lesion or injury.
- americium — a white metallic transuranic element artificially produced from plutonium. It is used as an alpha-particle source. Symbol: Am; atomic no: 95; half-life of most stable isotope, 243Am: 7.4 × 103 years; valency: 2,3,4,5, or 6; relative density: 13.67; melting pt: 1176°C; boiling pt: 2607°C (est)
- arcminute — unit of angular measurement, 1⁄60 of a degree
- bacterium — Bacterium is the singular of bacteria.
- bucranium — (in classical architecture) an ornament, especially on a frieze, having the form of the skull of an ox.
10 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
11 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
12 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- acquirements — Plural form of acquirement.
- adminiculary — Adminicular.
- alphanumeric — (of a character set, code, or file of data) consisting of alphabetical and numerical symbols
- aminobutyric — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to any of several isomeric univalent radicals in which a hydrogen atom of a butyric radical is replaced by an amino group.
13 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- alphanumerics — Plural form of alphanumeric.
14 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- alphanumerical — alphanumeric; characterized by having letters and numerals
- anticommutator — (mathematics) A function of two elements A and B, defined as AB + BA.
- archebacterium — (biology) alternative spelling of archaebacterium.
- archipterygium — (anatomy) A primitive fin, like that of Ceratodus.
- arthroconidium — A kind of asexual fungal spore, typically produced by segmentation of pre-existing fungal hyphae.
15 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- acrimoniousness — The quality of being resentful or cynical.
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- autorhythmicity — The quality of being autorhythmic, or generating its own rhythm, as for example the cells of the cardiac muscle do.
16 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- alphanumerically — In an alphanumeric manner; using alphanumeric characters.
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- aromatherapeutic — Of or pertaining to aromatherapy.
- bronchopneumonia — inflammation of the lungs, originating in the bronchioles
- chemotherapeutic — of or used in chemotherapy
17 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumscriptively — In a circumscriptive manner.
18 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- adenocarcinomatous — Of or pertaining to adenocarcinomas.
- circumnavigational — Relating to circumnavigation.
- counterculturalism — The counterculture movement or lifestyle.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
19 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chemolithoautotroph — (biology) A chemoautotroph or lithoautotroph.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
20 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- chemotherapeutically — By means of chemotherapy.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
21 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- counterdemonstrations — Plural form of counterdemonstration.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
- psychoneuroimmunology — the study of the effects of psychological factors on the immune system
22 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
23 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
25 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
32 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
45 letter words containing c, i, r, u, m
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with C, I, R, U, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3950 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, I, R, U, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.