Words containing c, i, r
5 letter words containing c, i, r
- acari — plural of acarus.
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- afric — African.
- arica — a port in extreme N Chile: awarded to Chile in 1929 after the lengthy Tacna-Arica dispute with Peru; outlet for Bolivian and Peruvian trade. Pop: 180 000 (2005 est)
- artic — (informal) Short form of articulated lorry.
6 letter words containing c, i, r
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- acinar — of or relating to any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
- africa — the second largest of the continents, on the Mediterranean in the north, the Atlantic in the west, and the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Indian Ocean in the east. The Sahara desert divides the continent unequally into North Africa (an early centre of civilization, in close contact with Europe and W Asia, now inhabited chiefly by Arabs) and Africa south of the Sahara (relatively isolated from the rest of the world until the 19th century and inhabited chiefly by Negroid peoples). It was colonized mainly in the 18th and 19th centuries by Europeans and now comprises independent nations. The largest lake is Lake Victoria and the chief rivers are the Nile, Niger, Congo, and Zambezi. Pop: 1 100 000 000 (2013 est). Area: about 30 300 000 sq km (11 700 000 sq miles)
- agaric — any saprotrophic basidiomycetous fungus of the family Agaricaceae, having gills on the underside of the cap. The group includes the edible mushrooms and poisonous forms such as the fly agaric
- aircav — air cavalry.
7 letter words containing c, i, r
8 letter words containing c, i, r
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- accredit — If an educational qualification or institution is accredited, it is officially declared to be of an approved standard.
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- accurize — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
9 letter words containing c, i, r
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- acarnania — region on the W coast of ancient Greece
10 letter words containing c, i, r
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- accipitral — accipitrine.
- accredited — appointed and having official credentials
11 letter words containing c, i, r
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abranchiate — having no gills
12 letter words containing c, i, r
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
13 letter words containing c, i, r
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
14 letter words containing c, i, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
15 letter words containing c, i, r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing c, i, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing c, i, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
18 letter words containing c, i, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
19 letter words containing c, i, r
20 letter words containing c, i, r
21 letter words containing c, i, r
22 letter words containing c, i, r
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing c, i, r
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with C, I, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 40338 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, I, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.