Words containing c, h, i, s
5 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- chais — a shed or other aboveground building where a winemaker stores wine in casks.
- chias — a plant, Salvia columbariae, of the mint family, native to the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, having mostly basal, oblong leaves and small blue flowers: the seeds are used as food and as the source of a beverage.
- chios — an island in the Aegean Sea, off the coast of Turkey: belongs to Greece. Capital: Chios. Pop: 51 936 (2001). Area: 904 sq km (353 sq miles)
- chips — CHIPS is a system for transferring funds that makes large value payments in US dollars between major banks.
- chits — pure consciousness.
6 letter words containing c, h, i, s
7 letter words containing c, h, i, s
8 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
- achimaas — Ahimaaz.
- achinese — Atjehnese.
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
9 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- aeschines — ?389–?314 bc, Athenian orator; the main political opponent of Demosthenes
10 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- aesthetics — Aesthetics is a branch of philosophy concerned with the study of the idea of beauty.
- alcoholism — People who suffer from alcoholism cannot stop drinking large quantities of alcohol.
11 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
- aesthetical — of or relating to aesthetics.
12 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
13 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
14 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
15 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
16 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
18 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
20 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
22 letter words containing c, h, i, s
24 letter words containing c, h, i, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, I, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9921 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, I, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.