Words containing a, t, f
3 letter words containing a, t, f
- aft — If you go aft in a boat or plane, you go to the back of it. If you are aft, you are in the back.
4 letter words containing a, t, f
- aftn — Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network: a worldwide system of radio and cable links for transmitting and recording messages
- daft — If you describe a person or their behaviour as daft, you think that they are stupid, impractical, or rather strange.
- efta — law: European Free Trade Association
- fact — Fully Automated Compiling Technique
- fart — a flatus expelled through the anus.
5 letter words containing a, t, f
- abaft — closer to the stern than to another place on a vessel
- afoot — If you say that a plan or scheme is afoot, it is already happening or being planned, but you do not know much about it.
- afrit — afreet
- after — If something happens after a particular date or event, it happens during the period of time that follows that date or event.
- aftra — American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
6 letter words containing a, t, f
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- afreet — a powerful evil demon or giant monster
- afters — dessert; sweet
7 letter words containing a, t, f
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- afflict — If you are afflicted by pain, illness, or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
- affront — If something affronts you, you feel insulted and hurt because of it.
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
8 letter words containing a, t, f
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- afflated — resulting from influence of someone or something
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
9 letter words containing a, t, f
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
10 letter words containing a, t, f
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
11 letter words containing a, t, f
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affectivity — of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
12 letter words containing a, t, f
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
13 letter words containing a, t, f
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing a, t, f
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing a, t, f
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
16 letter words containing a, t, f
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
17 letter words containing a, t, f
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing a, t, f
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing a, t, f
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing a, t, f
21 letter words containing a, t, f
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing a, t, f
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, t, f
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, t, f
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
32 letter words containing a, t, f
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, T, F. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14494 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, T, F that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.