Words containing a, p, o
3 letter words containing a, p, o
- apo — the highest mountain in the Philippines, on SE Mindanao: active volcano with three peaks. Height: 2954 m (9690 ft)
4 letter words containing a, p, o
5 letter words containing a, p, o
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- apoc. — Apocalypse
6 letter words containing a, p, o
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- aleppo — an ancient city in NW Syria: industrial and commercial centre; scene of heavy fighting from 2012 between various rebel forces and army units loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. Pop: 2 505 000 (2005 est)
- anopia — the inability to see; sightlessness
- aplomb — If you do something with aplomb, you do it with confidence in a relaxed way.
7 letter words containing a, p, o
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- adopted — having been adopted
- adoptee — a person who is adopted.
- adopter — person who adopts a child
8 letter words containing a, p, o
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- acupoint — any of the specific points on the body where a needle is inserted in acupuncture or pressure is applied in acupressure
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
9 letter words containing a, p, o
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
10 letter words containing a, p, o
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
11 letter words containing a, p, o
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
12 letter words containing a, p, o
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
13 letter words containing a, p, o
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
14 letter words containing a, p, o
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing a, p, o
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
16 letter words containing a, p, o
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing a, p, o
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing a, p, o
19 letter words containing a, p, o
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing a, p, o
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
21 letter words containing a, p, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing a, p, o
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing a, p, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 26149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.