Words containing a, g, r, i, e
5 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
6 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- argies — a term used to refer to an Argentine.
- argive — (in Homer, Virgil, etc) of or relating to the Greeks besieging Troy, esp those from Argos
- ariege — a department of SW France, in Midi-Pyrénées region. Capital: Foix. Pop: 139 612 (2003 est). Area: 4903 sq km (1912 sq miles)
- augier — Guillaume Victor Émile [gee-yohm veek-tawr ey-meel] /giˈyoʊm vikˈtɔr eɪˈmil/ (Show IPA), 1820–89, French dramatist.
- cagier — cagey.
7 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- aginner — someone who is against something
- agister — a person who grazes cattle for money
- agriope — Eurydice.
- algeria — a republic in NW Africa, on the Mediterranean: became independent in 1962, after more than a century of French rule; one-party constitution adopted in 1976; religious extremists led a campaign of violence from 1988 until 2000; consists chiefly of the N Sahara, with the Atlas Mountains in the north, and contains rich deposits of oil and natural gas. Official languages: Arabic and Berber; French also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: dinar. Capital: Algiers. Pop: 38 087 812 (2013 est). Area: about 2 382 800 sq km (920 000 sq miles)
8 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- aegirite — a mineral of the pyroxene group, NaFeSi2O6, commonly found in alkaline igneous rocks
- aggrieve — to grieve; distress; afflict
- aglimmer — glimmering
9 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- adverting — to remark or comment; refer (usually followed by to): He adverted briefly to the news of the day.
- aerogenic — producing gas, as certain bacteria.
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
- aggrieved — If you feel aggrieved, you feel upset and angry because of the way in which you have been treated.
10 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- adrenergic — releasing or activated by adrenaline or an adrenaline-like substance
- aerophagia — spasmodic swallowing of air, a habit that can lead to belching and stomach pain
- aeruginous — bluish-green, like copper rust
11 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- adventuring — the act of doing adventurous things or having adventures
- advertising — Advertising is the activity of creating advertisements and making sure people see them.
- advertizing — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- aerobiology — the study of airborne organisms, spores, etc
12 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- aeromagnetic — of magnetism in the atmosphere
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
13 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
14 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
15 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
- anti-allergenic — not aggravating an allergy; intended or prepared for those suffering from an allergy: antiallergenic cosmetics.
16 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
17 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
18 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
19 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
21 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
23 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
29 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
32 letter words containing a, g, r, i, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, G, R, I, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12321 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, G, R, I, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.