Words containing a, g, r, i
5 letter words containing a, g, r, i
6 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- agaric — any saprotrophic basidiomycetous fungus of the family Agaricaceae, having gills on the underside of the cap. The group includes the edible mushrooms and poisonous forms such as the fly agaric
- agrius — one of the Gigantes.
- airing — exposure to air or warmth, as for drying or ventilation
- arcing — Geometry. any unbroken part of the circumference of a circle or other curved line.
7 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- adoring — An adoring person is someone who loves and admires another person very much.
- agarita — a tall shrub, Mahonia trifoliolata, of the barberry family, of southwestern North America, having stiff, oblong leaflets with spiny teeth and a red fruit used in jelly.
- aginner — someone who is against something
- agister — a person who grazes cattle for money
8 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- admiring — An admiring expression shows that you like or respect someone or something.
9 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- according — in proportion; in relation
10 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
- accrington — a town in NW England, in SE Lancashire. Pop: 35 203 (2001)
11 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- adventuring — the act of doing adventurous things or having adventures
12 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- aeromagnetic — of magnetism in the atmosphere
13 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
14 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- administrating — to administer.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
15 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
17 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
20 letter words containing a, g, r, i
21 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing a, g, r, i
23 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
29 letter words containing a, g, r, i
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, G, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17413 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, G, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.