Words containing a, g, d, i, r
6 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- daring — People who are daring are willing to do or say things which are new or which might shock or anger other people.
- digram — a sequence of two adjacent letters or symbols.
- girard — Stephen, 1750–1831, U.S. merchant, banker, and philanthropist, born in France.
- giraud — Henri Honoré [ahn ree aw-naw-rey] /ɑ̃ ˈri ɔ nɔˈreɪ/ (Show IPA), 1879–1949, French general.
7 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- adoring — An adoring person is someone who loves and admires another person very much.
- argasid — any of the numerous ticks of the family Argasidae, comprising the soft ticks.
- barding — Armor. any of various pieces of defensive armor for a horse.
- brigade — A brigade is one of the groups which an army is divided into.
8 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- admiring — An admiring expression shows that you like or respect someone or something.
- aldridge — Ira Frederick ("the African Roscius") 1804?–67, U.S. actor, primarily in Europe.
- antidrug — (of a person, group or initiative) discouraging illegal drug use
9 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- according — in proportion; in relation
- adigranth — Granth.
- adoringly — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
- adverting — to remark or comment; refer (usually followed by to): He adverted briefly to the news of the day.
10 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- adjourning — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
- admiringly — displaying or feeling admiration: admiring looks.
- adrenergic — releasing or activated by adrenaline or an adrenaline-like substance
- affrighted — to frighten.
11 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- adventuring — the act of doing adventurous things or having adventures
- advertising — Advertising is the activity of creating advertisements and making sure people see them.
- advertizing — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
12 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
- andragogical — the methods or techniques used to teach adults: Many educators believe that the principles of andragogy, as advanced by Malcolm Knowles, have great relevance to adult education; others are not so certain.
- androscoggin — a river flowing from NE New Hampshire through SW Maine into the Kennebec River. 171 miles (275 km) long.
13 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- agro-industry — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
14 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- administrating — to administer.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- antiadrenergic — Preventing or counteracting the effects of adrenaline.
- autoradiograph — a photograph showing the distribution of a radioactive substance in a specimen. The photographic plate is exposed by radiation from the specimen
15 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- beta-adrenergic — pertaining to or involving beta receptors
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- child-battering — the physical abuse of a child by a parent or guardian, as by beating.
16 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
- diagrammatically — in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
- director-general — the executive head of an organization or of a major subdivision, as a branch or agency, of government.
17 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
- dihydroergotamine — an ergot alkaloid, C 33 H 37 N 5 O 5 , used in the treatment of various types of migraine headache.
18 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- self-disparagement — the act of disparaging.
- self-understanding — mental process of a person who comprehends; comprehension; personal interpretation: My understanding of the word does not agree with yours.
19 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- great-grandchildren — a grandchild of one's son or daughter.
20 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- self-differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
21 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
22 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
23 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- mediated-generalization — the act or process of generalizing.
27 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
32 letter words containing a, g, d, i, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, G, D, I, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5547 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, G, D, I, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.